News of the Weird

No Realli! She was carving her initials on the mꬾꬾse with the sharpened edge of an interspace tꬾꬾthbrush given to her by Svege - her brother-in-law - an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian mꬾvies.

6 Likes
6 Likes

They control the flow of water down Niagara and Horseshoe Falls too. They can completely stop it if they want to and sometimes do in the winter. I was kind of disappointed to learn that when I went, but they don’t make a secret of it.

3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

I do wonder why NPR thinks I might panic. Do they think people read “horny zombies” and think a cicada is going to assault them and then eat their brain? Because they’re small and you can squish them if they’re threatening to do that to you.

4 Likes

They have to bring this up every time there’s a brood of cicadas emerging.

I remember seeing some that looked like that when at my folks house in CT during an emergence of the 17 year cicadas. I always thought they were just old ones that were dried up but still trying to fly.

At least it’s a true story that resurfaces periodically, unlike the “Mars will be bigger than the moon” stories that propagate like mad every few years when Mars gets close to Earth.

6 Likes

I just don’t get why they expect anyone to panic.

2 Likes

Stupid sexy Flanders cicadas.

6 Likes

Noisy, clumsily flying bugs? Call them “Flying Salt Shakers of Death,” and now you’ve got something.

7 Likes
7 Likes

I don’t see mention of her also facing charges of driving while intoxicated. There is no way mind altering substances were not involved.

4 Likes

Remember when friend @FlyingSquid posted -

Well, there’s more -

6 Likes

Tarzan movies didn’t lie to me after all!

4 Likes

Where do I even start with this fool?

1 Like
3 Likes

Max has been granted an honorary doctorate in “Litter-ature.”

6 Likes
4 Likes

yeah this is being thoroughly roasted on bluesky. But it will be far from the worst thing ChickFilA has done to a child worker this year, and no I’m not going to describe or link to it.

6 Likes

The mind boggles. But, please don’t unboggle it for me. I’d rather be generally disappointed with humanity than outright angry at any specific part of it. It’s not bliss, but it’s as close as I can get.

8 Likes