I'm taking a poll...

Here’s a poll about poles:

(Answer at your leisure.)

• Yep, I’ve walked into a pole before.
  • Umm… why is there a bump on my head? Also, who am I?
  • Not that I can recall.
  • Definitely not. For sure, no. Nope.
  • How would someone walk into a survey?

0 voters

1 Like
  • Lech Wałęsa

0 voters

1 Like

OK, now what did I just agree to? :pleading_face:

3 Likes

I walked into a pole at one of those restaurants where the staff is intentionally rude to customers (it’s some kind of fetish that some people–not me–are into, I guess). Everyone was really nice to me afterward. True story. Well, except for that last part. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I was going to jokingly ask if it was a polish restaurant, but I don’t want to imply that polish people are rude, because they for sure are not. Unintended meanings are difficult and confusing. :laughing:

1 Like

The origins of the restaurant were fictional Chicagoan (but the restaurant was real, and yes, in Chicago). The cuisine was American diner food. I wonder of anyone can guess the place.

2 Likes

Perhaps in a similar fashion to throwing oneself at the ground and missing. :wink:

2 Likes

@EBK Had to be Ed Debevic’s.

3 Likes

Yep. That’s the place.

3 Likes

Learning to fly is fun, don’t you agree, @McCloud? :+1:

2 Likes

That’s the only one of those abusive server restaurants I’ve ever been to … got dragged there by a business partner on a trip to Chicago in ‘96.

I find that poles and walls get increasingly aggressive as I get older and just jump out and bite me for no good reason.

6 Likes

You’re taking a pole? Well, you’re in luck, I’m GIVING a pole!

:wink:

2 Likes

I’ve had walls jump out and break my toes, yep, that really happened.

2 Likes

I had that happen to me near the beginning of pandemic. I didn’t want to go near a hospital, so it was a real time-to-shun-modern-medicine-and-deal-with-this-Oregon-Trail-style moment.

My toes are fine now. I’m still clumsy though.

1 Like

Billy Goat Tavern? Based on the mythical (maybe) Cubs curse?

1 Like

Nope. It was Ed Debevic’s. There never was a real person with that name though. He was a creation of the restauranteurs who started that awful place. @MichaelRobertson
already guessed correctly.

2 Likes

Where?

2 Likes

Sigh. I never win these things.

4 Likes

I once walked into a Pole with a pole while taking a poll.

I really should have been paying attention to where I was going.

5 Likes