Pain really don't hurt - wisdom in movie quotes

This is one I wish I could lay on two people I know, because it’s right. Not including myself, because I actually learned this one.

“Sure, you got drunk. That’s the best excuse in the world for losing. No trouble losing when you got a good excuse. And winning: that can be heavy on your back too. Like a monkey. You drop that load too when you got an excuse. All you gotta do is learn to feel sorry for yourself. It’s one of the best indoor sports: feeling sorry for yourself — a sport enjoyed by all, especially the born losers.”

The Hustler

jjkqebbnoq681

2 Likes

“Always drink gin with a mark: they can’t tell if you’ve watered it.”

The Sting

1 Like

“Hey now, don’t be mean. You don’t have to be mean. 'Cuz, remember: no matter where you go… there you are.”

– The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension

3 Likes

This is a guide for life:

“Po-ta-toes! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!” —The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

What more do you really need?

4 Likes

“If I expected something, I wouldn’t still be standing here in the hall. I’m just like you. It’s two in the morning, and I don’t know nobody.”

The Sting

"A fellow will remember a lot of things you wouldn’t think he’d remember. You take me. One day, back in 1896, I was crossing over to Jersey on the ferry, and as we pulled out, there was another ferry pulling in, and on it there was a girl waiting to get off. A white dress she had on. She was carrying a white parasol. I only saw her for one second. She didn’t see me at all, but I’ll bet a month hasn’t gone by since that I haven’t thought of that girl. "

2 Likes

“A Sheldon can do your income taxes, if you need a root canal, Sheldon’s your man… but humpin’ and pumpin’ is not Sheldon’s strong suit. It’s the name. ‘Do it to me Sheldon, you’re an animal Sheldon, ride me big Shel-don.’ Doesn’t work.”

billy crystal dancing GIF