POLL: What's the WORST MOVIE ever shown on MST3K?

Devil Doll for me was really hard to like lol

6 Likes

I have not made it through Atlantic Rim and I donā€™t think I will ever be able to

10 Likes

I hit ā€œRed Zone Cubaā€ so hard, my finger shattered the screen.

11 Likes

Castle of Fu Manchuā€¦ But, to throw another option out there, how about Invasion U.S.A.? Who doesnā€™t love a schill for the military-industrial complex?

7 Likes

That oneā€™s godawful too, but itā€™s almost saved by Graham Greene and the rapper dude.

3 Likes

I agree that all of the films in the poll deserve their place.

But Iā€™ve got another vote for Blood Waters of Dr. Z.

3 Likes

My personal pick is Monster A-Go-Go. And to prove it to myself Iā€™m going to go watch it and cringe and cry all the way through it.

Excuse meā€¦

5 Likes

I meanā€¦ They all have something to recommend them as ā€œworstā€, butā€¦ Red Zone Cuba is just unbearable on every level. That song at the beginning haunts my nightmares.

4 Likes

@SquareMaster says Atlantic Rim.

I said Red Zone Cuba because Iā€™m allergic to Coleman Francis.

7 Likes

The Starfighters skirts the lowest possible threshold of actually being a film and not just a stock footage compelation

13 Likes

Red Zone Cuba. Put over the top as it was the only Rhino episode I had on VHS for awhile, so I ended up sitting through it a lot. Not sure I have the strength to watch it again.

8 Likes

The Wild World of Batwoman should be in the running. That crap heap haunts me to this day.

13 Likes

The Bubble had heart.

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank had ambition.

Manos: The Hands of Fate had effort.

Red Zone Cuba had boldness.

Monster A-Go-Go had vision.

The Castle of Fu Manchu had me bleeding from the ears and eyes.

Itā€™s gotta be The Castle of Fu Manchu by several light-years, the only episode of MST3K that has me tapping and yelling ā€œI QUIT I QUIT I QUIT I QUIT I QUITā€

12 Likes

It bore one of the best riffs of the Netflix era: ā€œheā€™s like if a pukka shell necklace was a personā€

10 Likes

Hamlet. Almost could not finish it.

10 Likes

Iā€™m not entirely sure The Starfighters wasnā€™t part-funded by Lockheed in an attempt to publicize the F-104. It came out around the time they were bribing governments to buy the things.

4 Likes

It packs one hell of a punch, for sure!

Also, welcome to the forums, glad to have ya here!

6 Likes

The Wild Wild World of Batwoman. Iā€™ve seen that episode so many times and I still donā€™t know wtf itā€™s about. Some middle aged woman in a homemade costume with a big bat drawn on her chest, probably in eyeliner. And thereā€™s a super racist scene involving a dead ā€œChineseā€ guy? And women in bathing suits drinking soup and dancing. I have no idea what any of these things have to do with each other but somehow itā€™s a movie. :woman_shrugging:t2:

10 Likes

There are two: Rocket Attack USA, because why? What did it do? What? Ugh!

And there is one episode I literally cannot watch because of all the trucking. I wonā€™t watch it. It gives me such a miserable headache. We like to say there was more trucking than Peterbilt.

3 Likes

I think have to go with Fu Manchu cause, unlike some of the movies that could anger or depress me, itā€™s so traumatically bad I can never remember what happens in it afterwards, like a veritable trauma the brain has blocked out. Itā€™s Schrodingerā€™s movie, itā€™s only knowable when itā€™s being played.

Coincidentally, a tiny bit of the same thing happened to me when a watched Yongary for the second time, I suddenly realized why I couldnā€™t remember how the movie endedā€¦ now the reverse happened, I can never forget.

7 Likes