Random Episode Generator and Episode List

Your movie today is…

Can’t decide which episode to watch next? Why not give my random episode generator spreadsheet a try? It gives five random episodes of the entire list (though it will not return K00 or K03 :disappointed:).

The owner of this spreadsheet is not responsible for any and all Deep Hurting that occurs as a result of carrying out the random episode suggestion.

17 Likes

There are five random episodes each time?

AM I EXPECTED TO CHOOSE?!

8 Likes

It narrows it down from 230 to 5. Personally, I can still look at those 5 and not really feel any of them sometimes. It’s simultaneously too many and too few. :woman_shrugging:t3:

8 Likes

So it’s more a guide to push you towards deciding rather than a definite selection in and of itself.

But FlyingSquid of course is allowed to treat the five episodes as a gauntlet challenge.

7 Likes

[gets The Castle of Fu Manchu five times in a row]

What in the wild kingdom…

4 Likes

Sorry, all episodes are fair game. Please refer to the Deep Hurting disclaimer above.

6 Likes

neat something GIF

I think things like this show why I’ll never be a 100% computer person. Yeah, I could make something like this, but I just don’t wanna!

6 Likes

Most certainly. Especially as it includes episodes that are, alas, not available in the Gizmoplex but someone may have in their personal library.

5 Likes

Definitely keep this resource in mind. Episode indecision and The Undecideds is a real thing!

4 Likes

In all seriousness, that’s awesome stuff, @wyswysia - thanks for sharing it with us!

5 Likes

Let’s see.

The Bubble.
Red Zone Cuba.
The Castle of Fu Manchu.
Legacy of Blood? Ok, must be some Cinematic Titanic in there.
Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny?! Now that’s just not right.

Hey, I think this thing’s trying to kill me! It’s turned evil!

5 Likes

AI was not involved in the creation of the random episode generator, I swear!

5 Likes

I look forward to ingesting this after work and possibly reverse engineering it to help me pick my music to put on (from 3800+ CDs and over 1000 vinyl).

6 Likes

I’ve hidden the columns that do the heavy lifting.

Excel-speak
  • Column A is a numerical ID for each episode. I just put 1 through 230.
  • The cells to the left of the random episode number (hidden in column F) have the formula =RANDBETWEEN(1,230). I used the VLOOKUP formula in column G and H to look for that random number and report the associated episode number and title.
5 Likes

I’m not angry at this selection…

7 Likes

You are expected to watch all 5

7 Likes

Didn’t you get the memo? All programing is AI now.

4 Likes

YOU’RE NOT MY REAL FATHER!

5 Likes

This is great, thanks!

By random chance on my very first page load I discovered that the five randomly selected episodes are not mutually exclusive. I reloaded a dozen times without getting another repeat in the five. I wonder what the odds are that three of my five are all Ator movies?

screenshot of five episodes: The Dead Talk Back, Cave Dwellers, Moon Zero Two, Ator the Fighting Eagle, and Cave Dwellers again

6 Likes

randomepisodes

Okay, we can work with that!

6 Likes