Single Random Facts

Yeah, it’s not a real yo-yo if you can’t do yo-yo tricks with it!

1 Like

We could attach it to the 500-ton bridge crane in the Super-Secret, Pseudo-Private, Regular Lounge™…

4 Likes

Oh maybe the Mecha Hands can use it!

3 Likes

No long lists today, but I did come across this interesting geography fact: Alaska is simultaneously the furthest east, west, and north point in the United States. This is because the Aleutian Islands cross the 180 degree longitude line, which is the accepted division point between “east” and “west” on the globe for this side of the earth. Northern also makes sense due to where it is on the North American continent, obviously.

6 Likes

It’s also the furthest south.

1 Like

That’d be Hawai’i.

1 Like

Keep going south.

2 Likes

Amundsen-Scott Station! If you go any further south than that you’re going north.

1 Like

If you want to get picky, there are some satellites in polar orbits that pass directly over the South Pole, making them momentarily further south than Amundsen Scott station.

1 Like

A group of cats is called a “clowder.”

Do not confuse this with chowder. And do not make cat chowder either, for that matter.

3 Likes

Gasp Wow GIF

3 Likes

For that matter Maine is closer to Africa than Florida is.

2 Likes

People always forget the polar route. :slight_smile:

The Alaska riddle was always a favorite of mine when teaching geography. (of course, I was sadly dealing with people that didn’t realise New Mexico was actually a state (seriously. The first time someone asked in all innocence if it really was a state I was too stunned to reply for several seconds) ) so take that for what it’s worth.

3 Likes

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American public. A&W in the 1980s released a 1/3 pound burger to compete with McDonald’s Quarter Pounder. While in taste tests it was preferred by the majority of people trying it the burger was a flop and didn’t sell well. The reason? People were convinced that a 1/3 pound burger was smaller than a 1/4 pound one so they didn’t think it was a value.

4 Likes

Thanks for the random fact! And my new word of the day. Blep blep blep!

3 Likes

LOL I probably should’ve put “scientific” in quotes, but you’re welcome nonetheless!

1 Like

In science, there are blobs and blebs and the difference is orientation.

2 Likes

You telling me @dog_rates isn’t a scientist? :open_mouth:

1 Like

Thanks, now I’m blubbering like a baby (but in the best way possible)

2 Likes

I’m not crying you’re crying! :smiley: They’re not ALL this emotional but it is the best account on Twitter.

3 Likes