Single Random Facts

Gold Bond Medicated Powder in a no-mess, no-fuss, easy-to-use spray canister is well respected for its dessicating properties about certain parts of the area.

However, would you believe, that it is very good as an underarm spray?

Trust me, it is!

1 Like

The Sun Aura Nudist Resort opened in 1933. Back then it was called Club Zoro and its founder was Alois Knapp, a Chicago lawyer, German Nacktkulturist, editor of Sunshine and Health magazine, and “the father of nudism in America.”

The club eventually passed into the hands of Dale and Mary Drost. Their son, Dick, had big ideas: he renamed the place Naked City, made it the home of the Ms. Nude Teeny Bopper Contest and the “Erin Go Bra-less” Dance on St. Patrick’s Day, and had built the giant lady’s leg sundial, 63 feet long and properly positioned to tell time – a useful feature for wristwatchless nudists.

Naked City closed in 1986 when Dick was run out of Indiana on child molestation charges, but the leg remains and so does the resort, now under new management. The circular main building with the mirror gold windows is a combination office-sauna-restaurant.

The guy who paints the leg told us that Sun Aura is a “clothing optional” camp – in other words, you don’t have to get nude to take a picture of the big lady’s leg. But for those who do choose to get into the spirit of things, a helpful sign on the exit road reads, “Stop. You Must Be Dressed Beyond This Point.”

4 Likes

You know, Smolkin’s naked sometimes.

2 Likes

All right…gah! I should be ashamed I can picture clearly Digger Smolkin in any regard.

True fact! That little “watch pocket” in many jeans and work pants, is actually for holding a lighter. I don’t care, I’m not listening, it’s a fact.

Also other single fact? Non-mentholated cigarettes taste disgusting.

1 Like

Tor Johnson. With hair.

5 Likes

No way!

That’s got to be, like his cousin from the big city or something, working as a tax attorney or possibly an appraiser of rare antiquities!

OK, random fact I just found out this morning? 99.9995% of the tune “Comfortably Numb” is played (rhythm guitar parts) with cowboy chords using open strings.

Including the two solos!

Well, anyway. Close enough!

2 Likes

Random fact: the bass player in that band doesn’t like the guitarist very much (and vice versa).

3 Likes

Related fact: Everyone in The Eagles hates everyone else.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Oh yeah, I remember that from a Citation Needed episode! I think it was the episode about the boat that attempted to correct for shaking, but only in one direction, which didn’t help.

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is an actual fact - it seems so perfect that I lean toward it being apocryphal, but I like it very much anyway so here we go:

In occupied Paris during World War II, a Gestapo officer who had barged his way into Picasso’s apartment pointed at a photo of the mural, Guernica, asking: “Did you do that?” “No,” Picasso replied, “you did”.

7 Likes

It is too perfect!

Debbie Downer warning:
“Between 1939 and 1952, Guernica traveled extensively in the United States”. So no, this did not actually happen. (Also the painting is about the Spanish Civil war and not WWII)

5 Likes

Well, the second part applies, but the story is about a photo of Guernica, not the original.

4 Likes

Very true! It’s mostly due to all the above ground testing throwing radioactive particulate fallout up into the atmosphere. Inevitably, some of that got sucked up into late-era Bessemer converters and then the air separation units used today to extract oxygen for the BOS process, contaminating post-war steel worldwide. The good news is that it’s not as necessary as it was in years past.

3 Likes

Ahh, you’re right, my reading comprehension needs work!

1 Like

If kosher salt isn’t prepared under the supervision of a rabbi, it is non-kosher kosher salt. It’s just a type of salt.

2 Likes

That just shows how Big Rabbi has a stranglehold on the kosher salt industry.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Jacques Demy, director of the Umbrellas of Cherbourg and the Young Girls of Roquefort also did a Rose of Versailles movie. I don’t know if this is the first non-Asian film based on a manga but it’s got to be up there.

1 Like

During my 2nd year of high school, my marine biology teacher used to be classmates with the late great Spongebob creator Stephen Hillenburg back in college.

1 Like