Single Random Facts

I’ve often wondered what Mark Hamill thought of that poster. Leia sort of almost looks like Carrie Fisher. No idea who the bare-chested muscle man is supposed to be though. Was the artist given any idea of what the movie was about. … cuz that really ain’t it.

6 Likes

That’s the original Tom Jung poster. The one most of us saw at the time was the Hildebrandt Brothers’ re-working of it, which fit the characters a little better. The image looks like it was based on a Frank Frazetta style pulp cover.

8 Likes

This is true. The movie that was expected to be a huge hit for the studio was The Other Side of Midnight. 20th Century Fox literally had to initially threaten theaters that they wouldn’t be allowed to show that movie if they didn’t also take this Star Wars movie they had that no one wanted.

5 Likes

Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing once got kicked out of a movie theater for laughing too hard at a Looney Tunes cartoon.

7 Likes

Well, it serves them right for disturbing the quiet dignity of Bugs Bunny.

6 Likes

A prototype spacesuit for the moon was designed by the Republic Aviation Corporation, on March 16, 1960.

6 Likes

He’s looking for the Aztec Mummy!

5 Likes

Neat part of the design are those things hanging off the waist. They’re extensible legs: plant them on the ground and the astronaut can pull arms and legs into the suit, curl up and go to sleep.

5 Likes

Yeah, but how do you plant them on the ground with wrench hands?

3 Likes

Not sure where else to put this, but it’s so neat that I had to share.

6 Likes

At least 90% of people get unreasonably upset when one doesn’t eat the pickle that comes on the side of many burger/sandwich/fries meals.

And they are not silent about it.

It’s true!

4 Likes

I’m upset that Culver’s stopped putting the pickle slice on top of their sandwiches sometime during the pandemic.

2 Likes

Meanwhile I keep asking places to not put a pickle garnish on the plate and about 90% of them do it anyways. I hate the things.

3 Likes

Not unlike lemon wedges in a glass of water. Someone had to plant that lemon seed, tend the tree, harvest the lemons, ship them, refrigerate them, then cut one into slices, all so I can throw it away. Is there actually a human somewhere who wants a lemon wedge a cup of water?

2 Likes

My mom likes a lemon wedge in her water.

When I get fish with a lemon slice on it, I usually bite into it and suck out the juice. I’m weird that way. I like to drink those little coffee creamer shotglasses straight, too.

5 Likes

Single random fact?

Hang around bars in mid-morning often enough, and 100% of 100% of all bartenders who ever existed at all times will complain to anyone listening about having to prepare the fruit, you know, cut up those limes and lemons.

There is no bartender, anywhere, at any time, who enjoys that task. They’d rather do the ice machine.

Also random fact? Nobody likes doing the ice machine. It’s noisy, annoys the customers, and is annoying.

2 Likes

Apparently, Sam’s Club is no longer open @ 7am for plus members.

And yes, I just walked right in…whoops!

3 Likes

Playwright/actor Sam Shepard and musician/actor Levon Helm totally got high on weed when on set filming The Right Stuff.

That’s a true fact! Blow your mind, man! How about a stick of Beeman’s? Or a Fresca! Hmmm? Hmmmm?

That’s right!

1 Like

Me! Me, me, me!

3 Likes

Me too.

2 Likes