Sketches From Synthia Selects

Yeah, but that’s Canada so their opinion doesn’t count. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6 Likes

Ah, so skit is Metric and sketch is Imperial. Thank god this is one time where the conversion is 1-to-1.

8 Likes

Excited Flirty GIF by Lil Jon

2 Likes

I feel it’s time for Skorts to go back in fashion.

2 Likes

I thought we were rid of those those pesky kids in their halls when Servo bombed Ontario.

5 Likes

You know he can’t aim. He hit the Hubble instead.

3 Likes

Back in fashion?

That’s implying that they ever were… in … fashion. Right?

:thinking:

Tactical Kilts on the other hand…

6 Likes

I’ve watched three so far and they all have them. So I assume all six do.

2 Likes

Thank you!

And hoo boy, I don’t know who wrote that article but it was no one who performs sketch comedy! There’s definitely a difference, but I don’t know if that was it.

7 Likes

Apparently there are some in the halls of SNL who use the word skit. Just goes to show the esteemed level of people who can still be COMPLETELY WRONG

12 Likes

Do you mean skit comedy?

Don’t hurt me.

8 Likes

If Joel says skit again, just ask him to show you some tricks.

(Or is he one of the magicians who’s OK with that?)

6 Likes

What do you consider to be the main dividing line between the two? It is structure, length, level of professionalism, or something else?

1 Like

Crap balls. Happy to answer, but on an unrelated topic: anyone know how to UNdelete a comment?

EDIT: never mind, I got it!

4 Likes

I wrote a whole thing about it!

Basically, the term “skit” implies amateurism. Which, while most often unintentional, is insulting to those of us who work very hard and professionally on them. Feel free to keep using it if you like! I can’t stop you. But I’ll be annoyed by it every time.

15 Likes

See my comment I linked to above. I grant that it’s a truly inconsequential semantic difference, like a doctor expecting everyone to know the terms for two different kinds of scalpels.

But basically I’d say it’s level of professionalism.

10 Likes

Tell you whut, a bunch of comedy writers going on at great length about “sketch” is about the biggest comfiest wheelhouse ever, can we get you drinks and pillows?

4 Likes

I understand now. Thanks!

5 Likes

Contusion : owie :: sketch : skit?

(Colons FTW!)

4 Likes

Sketch : Skit :: Fiancée : Your Little Friend

3 Likes