SOLVED: Audio, video sync

This jumped out at us watching it too. Some segments were fine but the “Alignment Chart” in particular had it bad - very hollow echo-y feel and picking up lots squeaks & bangs off the bots moving around. One or two of the other segments had a touch of it, but far less. It wasn’t enough to ruin the experience or anything, but it was definitely a “woah… are we back in season 1?” kinda moment.

2 Likes

Just throwing in here, I wasn’t able to make the live show last night but today I’m on rewatch at the sync was very bad with Pearl and Synthua and still off during the short. Had the same issue with with the livestream and replay livestream of Santos, no issue with the stand alone episode or any other episode.

1 Like

I didn’t have any audio sync issues, with any segment, on either event.

Maybe it’d help to include specific models, as I watched on a Roku and didn’t have issues, but maybe different Roku devices react differently. For the record, I have a Roku Express 4K+ (RO3941R)

1 Like

Same issue here. Out of sync on Apple TV and theater.gizmoplex on Macbook pro via chrome. Q&a was fine though.

2 Likes

The audio sync issues are weird. On my primary computer, I logged into the Manos live event before it started (using Firefox). I had definite audio sync issues when the feed started. So, out of curiosity, I logged in using a backup computer I have, which is almost identical to my main computer except the video gpu is built into the cpu and not a separate card. On my backup computer, the audio was in much better sync. Puzzled, I rebooted my main computer and logged back in to the live event and the sync issues were still there. This is a head scratcher guys!

1 Like

Audio and video very out of sync in opening segment with Pearl and Synthia. Still out of sync during short, plus the volume of the short was so low compared to the riffing that I could barely hear it. I was so mad I turned it off after like 10 minutes. Will try again tonight. Please get it fixed. Not sure why there have been so many audio problems for the first two episodes.

I am watching on my TV with a Roku, and I have a sound bar.

1 Like

The rewatch is out of synch as well. Ugh. I can’t watch it like this. It’s too distracting to enjoy. This really sucks. :cry:

I watched on Roku as well, and I had no audio sync issues at all. The whole thing went pretty smoothly overall, which is surprising cause I watched it in a part of my house where the Internet is not the best. I think this might be a case by case basis for some people.

2 Likes

Just a friendly reminder, we are all basically beta testers for these first few episodes. While the feedback is useful and, I’m sure, appreciated, please keep in mind these are still the rough versions and not the final cuts.

What might help is including more detail on what hardware you are using (ie browser version, model of Roku or Chromecast, etc) information that can help the team track down what’s going on.

3 Likes

Yes, of course. To be clear, I’m not angry with the MST3K crew or anything like that, I understand that as backers, we’re basically beta testers. Nevertheless, it’s very disappointing. We’ve been waiting a long time for this. And it’s especially disappointing because so many others seem to have no synch issues at all, so the ones like me who do just happen to be the unlucky ones.

If you look through the thread, you’ll see that many of us did include the technical specs. The strange and frustrating thing is that there doesn’t seem to be any consistency to it.

3 Likes

I just watched some of the Q&A and the audio sync is perfect. So, I scrolled back and found a host segment…and the audio sync is still off.

I don’t envy the team trying to troubleshoot this. As others have noted, there doesn’t seem to be any hardware or software commonality among those reporting problems.

1 Like

Another thing to list might be your internet provider. Or if you are watching through wifi the type of router.

1 Like

Yeah, earlier I posted that my provider is Comcast/Xfinity. As for type of router… Well, I have to be honest, I’m not sure what you mean. It’s the one Comcast provided. Do you mean the model number?

1 Like

Watched on the MST3K Roku app on a TCL tv using an Xfinity router. The “new” host segments and commercials were slightly out of synch, however the Manos episode and the Q&A were synced up fine.

1 Like

Folks can also watch in two places, the gizmoplex site (Browse - MST3K: THE GIZMOPLEX) and the Virtual theater . It might also help if specify which site you’re using and seeing the problems.

1 Like

For me it was both. I don’t really like watching movies on my laptop, but to make sure it wasn’t just on my Sony Smart TV, I tried it on my MacBook Pro using the Chrome browser. I tried both the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater and the Gizmoplex website. Every method I tried, I had the audio synch issue

1 Like

Also keep in mind the MST3K crew is creating their own system here. If this were a streaming service like Netflix, they would have all of Netflix resources to throw at this. My understanding is the MST3K crew is a pretty small team. Be patient. They will get the kinks worked out. You’re getting the chance to watch it all evolve before your eyes. You’re in a pretty elite group here.

2 Likes

Was also off for me on both appletv and iPad (though worse on appletv)

1 Like

Understood. I can’t overemphasize the fact that I’m not angry at the MST3K crew. In an earlier post I said all this, but it bears repeating.

3 Likes

@AndrewCrossett I had the same issue.
Bad in the beginning and fine close to the end of the movie and then fine the rest of the way.
I had the same issue using a cast form the MST3K App on my Samsung S22 and also using the MST3K app downloaded to my Nvidia Shield TV Pro.

2 Likes