SOLVED: Audio, video sync

Audio is too fast by about 150 milliseconds.
Or video is too slow, depending on your point of view.
This is the live screening of MST3K episode Manos.

9 Likes

Yeah, I had the same issue, as I did two weeks ago with the screening of “Santo in the Treasure of Dracula.” It happens on my Smart TV and on my laptop with the Chrome browser. The synch issue is too distracting for me to enjoy, so just like last time, I just turned it off. Unfortunately, the REWATCH version of “Santo in the Treasure of Dracula” had the same issue. Fortunately when the somewhat-finished version of the episode was made available, I was able to enjoy it without any audio synch problems. Hopefully the same will be available for today’s livestream, though I don’t know how they would do it, since it isn’t an episode from the show. Anyway, I really hope this audio synch issue is corrected soon, because it’s a real bummer, and getting two big disappointments in a row really sucks.

3 Likes

The bad audio syncing makes me feel
Like I’m watching an old dubbed Bruce lee film

I’m watching thru my Roku

3 Likes

What’s frustrating is that it seems like most people aren’t having the synch issues, so I don’t know what I’m doing differently. I’m on a Sony Smart TV (with Google/Android as the platform connecting to the internet), and though I would prefer not having to watch on a laptop or mobile device, I tried on my MacBook Pro with a Google Chrome browser and had the same audio synch problem.

1 Like

Audio is delayed. If it were too soon I could compensate with my TV or Soundbar (add delay), but I can’t add delay to the video.

Roku and FireTV
No sync issues with web browser (Android)

EDIT: More detailed hardware info
Roku Ultra 4800X
Fire TV Stick 4K
LG OLED55C9PUA TV
Vizio SB36512-F6 Soundbar

Adding this last device made me think, “What if I tested with just TV speakers?” Then I said to myself, “Okay, I’ll try that then report it.”

No audio sync issue when playing just thru TV speakers. Hmm…

I re-setup my Soundbar, double-checked settings, redirected audio to Soundbar and audio delay returned.

To be clear, I ONLY have issues with the Gizmoplex Roku and FireTV apps.

The survey didn’t ask for deatailed info (why not have a ‘comments’ section at the end?). So, unless I hear of a better place to share this info, consider this my final comment on ep1301.

2 Likes

Audio sync issues on the new segments here, too. Watching on AppleTV, through a Dolby Atmos home theater setup.

The actual episode is properly synced. (To the extent anyone can say that about “Manos,” anyway…)

2 Likes

I’ve got an audio delay on Android app, but it’s fine on my browser (Opera). Also, some of the new host segments sound like they had only one mic for everyone.

1 Like

Maybe it’s an internet provider issue? My internet provider is Comcast/Xfinity. A friend of mine has AT&T, and he’s had no audio synch issues.

1 Like

My audio was out of sync as well through Apple TV. Also from my iPhone using the Gizmoplex app and Airplay to the TV. The live segment at the end seemed fine.

I went back to Santos and the edited version is perfectly in sync while playback of the live event was still out of sync for me on Apple TV. I need to try different setups and see if there’s anything different.

1 Like

It was noticeably out of sync during Pearl and Synthia’s first segment, and a bit during Jonah’s first host segment. But by the end it seemed to have resolved itself, it seemed to me.

5 Likes

I can confirm audio sync issues with the feed on web as well. In fact my brother walked in during a Jonah segment and proclaimed it to be a brilliant homage Manos. :rofl:

While I grudgingly admit that my brother was…not wrong…I suspect this out-of-sync-ness was not intentional. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Also chiming in with audio synch issues: watched the livestream on a MacBook Pro connected via HDMI to a 60” TV. Watched playback of the short (and Pearl/Synthia) on an iPad. Both showed synching issues.

Haven’t yet watched the guest after-segment.

1 Like

Same on both Roku and google tv, after refreshing both as well

1 Like

Audio is still out of sync on the REWATCH version. It seems better, but it’s still not right.

1 Like

It was so out of sync live and now on rewatch that I gave up. It’s just not watchable with that bad a sync issue.

1 Like

Watching the VOD on my phone with the Android app. The sync for the episode itself seems close. The Q&A is good. But it’s really noticeably off for the new host segments.

2 Likes

I also had the sync issue on Roku. Most noticeable during the newly shot segments.

2 Likes

My audio was not bad but I Had to refresh a few times to get into the live theater and it was glitchy. I wound up watching it on the MST gizmoplex site.

1 Like

This was my experience exactly (Roku).

1 Like

Same for me. Watching via the Gizmoplex app on a GoogleTV based smart tv.

1 Like