SPOILER filled Munchie talk

I mostly agree, but I feel like Talking Cat and Munchie could’ve swapped title character voices and been… still not good but somewhat better.

4 Likes

This seemed like a kids version of Weird Science

4 Likes

Great. Now we’re all picturing Munchie in that gym teacher outfit. You absolute rudeword.

3 Likes

I wonder if the Emily scenes were filmed recently… the way Kelsey’s Crow said “my voice is different… but yooou’lll get uuuused to it very quickly” seemed like they were lamp-shading the reaction to her voice after Beyond Atlantis.

10 Likes

this cracked me up, especially the way crow looked at the camera. crow isn’t wrong, i am getting used to it!

8 Likes

Also, if no one else has mentioned it yet, I applaud Jonah for standing up to Kinga even if he couldn’t actually stay standing for very long. :wink:

12 Likes

As someone who is on both sides of it, I’ll say I had a great time with it as a viewer and as a writer, I definitely understand the reaction they had.

Snow can be a lot of fun unless you’re the one shoveling it.

14 Likes

Meanwhile i loved loved loved Kinga’s face when she crimped the air hose. Really brought the maniacal

7 Likes

Same.
I can see it breaking them as writers. All the not jokes that just sit there as is waiting for laughs. And every movie beat being taken from other stronger properties.
Teacher having Gage stay after class - Bill and Ted*
Fantasies - Christmas Story
Scientist Friendship - BTTF
etc

• yes i know kids getting called to stay after class happens in a million movies. But this really felt like they were copying the “guys your report Had really be something special “ scene. I don’t know why i feel this but i do
3 Likes

Stealing and using this line forever.

13 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum! I encourage you to stick with it… I’ve had problems with a few of the voices over the years, and for me those problems have always faded in time. I find that an air of Zen-like acceptance helps… well, I find that trying to achieve Zen-like acceptance forces you to focus on something other than the annoying voice, lol.

6 Likes

I’m going to break kayfabe here to say I am honored.

9 Likes

Interestingly, bits and bobs now crops up in the New Zealand Oxford Dictionary under bit as “bits and pieces (or bobs), an assortment of small items,” though it does not yet make any kind of walk-on appearance in the Australian National Dictionary

The Tumbrel Diaries: Bits and Bobs.

3 Likes

I KNEW they’d done that one before!

4 Likes

This reminds me – I will actually say something nice about Munchie. I thought it was terrific that the gym coach was kind and understanding, instead of being a stereotypical drill-sergeant wannabe. With the kid protagonist getting sh#t on by everyone at school it was a lovely break to see a little kindness.

13 Likes

The gym coach seemed really familiar to me, but he’s nobody I saw in anything else.

When they spent so much time focusing on the drunk at the party who told people not to go in the bathroom, I thought he must be somebody… a director cameo, maybe? But it turns out he was one of the producers.

4 Likes

If we’re all going to quibble about this, I’ll put my $0.02US in…

MST3K beta: KTMA eps 1-3… maybe 4 … 5?
MST3K 1.0: The rest of KTMA episodes
MST3K 1.5: Comedy Central (Joel)
MST3K 1.6: Comedy Central (Mike)
MST3K 2.0: Sci Fi
MST3K 2.5.1: Movie
MST3K 3.0: Netflix
MST3K 4.0: Gizmoplex

What do you think y’all?

1 Like

Yeah, a non-toxic gym coach. What a concept!

5 Likes

the movie is CLEARLY 2.5.2. what were you thinking??

2 Likes

Well, we wouldn’t even need non-toxic coaches if the children would stop trying to eat them!

4 Likes