Suggestion for Season 13 Theme Song from a fellow MSTie

As we know, the singer of the theme song has changed over the years. A fan posted in the largest MSTie FB group suggesting Weird Al sing the Season 13 Theme Song:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/211659258987593/posts/1982462148573953

The idea got a pretty positive response (because, I mean, who doesn’t love Weird Al!) The guy reached out to me to see if I could get the suggestion in front of right people. He even suggested starting a petition to make it happen. :slight_smile:

So I figured this was the best place to bring the suggestion in hopes that the right people might see it. What do you think, sirs?

15 Likes

Hm… I’d say YES.

4 Likes

Are there going to be two theme songs this season? I kinda want to force ask Jonah and Emily to sing.

Edit: Oops! I forgot about a third theme from Joel!

10 Likes

PLEASE DEAR GOD MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!! I would LOVE to see two of my personal heroes working together!

(“Lame Claim To Fame” shown below)

8 Likes

LOVE Al. Been a fan since Eat It debuted on MTV. Yes I’m that old.

7 Likes

I do like Weird but I think Jonah, Emily and Joel should do their own. It feels like it’s time for the hosts to do their theme again.

13 Likes

I agree with that as well. I think a lot of us were thrown for a loop when the season 11 & 12 theme wasn’t sung by the host. Hell, we all know Jonah can sing, he has his own album. Which coincidentally has to do with Weird Al! :laughing::laughing:

7 Likes

Actually, Jonah has several albums. :grin:

4 Likes

I can’t remember who it was, but someone made a backer theme song and posted it in the kickstarter comments. It goes as follows:

-In the not too distant future,
-Next Sunday A.D.
-There was a group of backers,
Not too different from you or me.
-They wanted their show back from the brink Cancelled by a streaming service that didn’t think
-A destress call came from their guy named Joel
-With some stretch goals in tow, donations went on a roll!
-“We’ll send them all our money, As much as we can spend (la la la)
-They’ll have to make more episodes and the fun will never end!” (La la la)
-Now keep in mind, the backers can’t control When their limit has reached their end (la la la)
-Cause they lost their sanity With the help of the reward friends…
-REWARD ROLL CALL!
-COMICS!
-PATCHES!
-OVERSTOCK!
-SNOWGLOOOOOOOOOOBE!
-If you’re wondering how they eat or breathe After spending all this cash (La la la)
-Just repeat to yourself, “It’s just a Kickstarter I should really just relax”

• To Make More MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATER 3000!

If anyone remembers who wrote it please let me know. I forgot to write it down.

13 Likes

This song is pretty great, but this is my favorite part.

How do we get Jonah to record this?

4 Likes

Ohhhh, I need to share with y’all the rendition he did during the virtual Turkey Day meet up! Let me see if I can find the link.

5 Likes

I dunno, but @Ansible is trying to put together a fan movie riffing. Movie fan riffing? Uh, where we riff an episode! Maybe this could be the theme song.

4 Likes

Here’s is a rendition of the theme that he played for us during the virtual Turkey Day meet up last year. :purple_heart:
(If the link doesn’t work, jump to 49:55, or enjoy the whole thing :laughing:)

5 Likes

Hey, I’m that guy, Jason Christopher. I’m thrilled to see that my suggestion is here. I do think that each host should have their own rendition of the Love Theme from MST3k, but also one by Weird Al. They could play the rendition according to hosting and Weird Al’s randomly. I hope this reaches Joel’s attention and, with luck, even Weird Al himself. Thanks for posting my suggestion, Deana!

11 Likes

Given Frank Zappa was a a good friend of the show, I’d love to hear/see a Dweezil Zappa solo/cameo/contribution. Absolutely killer guitarist too, obviously.

4 Likes

I vote for Man or Astroman!

5 Likes

i just tweeted about this but i vote Justin Courtney Pierre. He’s in the MPLS scene and Jonah follows him on twitter too lol.

4 Likes

I can’t figure out what MPLS means

2 Likes

Minneapolis, sorry!

2 Likes

Oh, okay. Thanks :blush:

2 Likes