š™š™š™š Super-Secret, Pseudo-Private, Regular Loungeā„¢ šŸ¤«

Two things can be true!

4 Likes

Itā€™s hard to believe such a calamity!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve got something to say. Iā€™ll figure out what that is after I drink this little coffee of mine here.

6 Likes

:tada:HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LADY STARBLADE!!!:tada:

In the interest of giving our Lounge proprietress the day off, Iā€™ll be tending bar. So everybody just help yourself, because I have a tendency to open bottles and wander off.

9 Likes

Does this bar serve kombucha?

Also, what is kombucha?

2 Likes

Since the clue was ā€œA fermented probiotic drink made with sweet tea and yeast,ā€ Squid wins the Daily Double.

3 Likes

All I know is my cousin makes it herself and flavors it with stuff like dill, so thatā€™s weird.

1 Like

Aww, thanks!

Iā€™ve got 10 ovens working with cakes in the back, so I gotta keep an eye on those! The lemon oneā€™s mine, but we should have enough cake to go around.

But NO RED VELVET. This girl has her standards! :laughing:

6 Likes

Iā€™m pretty sure I heard on Rifftrax that soup is good in cakes.

5 Likes

How about carrot cake? Thatā€™s what I want for my birthday, much to my wifeā€™s chagrin.

3 Likes

An excellent choice. :clap::clap::clap: I hope you have one IRL!

5 Likes

Also, happy birthday!

2 Likes

Indeed! With homemade cream cheese frosting! (I actually did make this one last month!)

cake

I do! My best friend makes me a lemon chiffon cake every year; I havenā€™t had a birthday party since I was 21, but she always makes me this cake. Iā€™ll post a pic later.

Thankee, thankee. Iā€™m drinking way too much coffee in celebration.

6 Likes

We buy kombucha from a local place. Just brought some home Saturday, actually - cranberry ginger and strawberry basil. They mostly do fruity stuff. Itā€™s kinda like soda except every glass comes with 50,000,000 new friends for your tummy.

6 Likes

I brewed my own for years and could revive the works at any time; itā€™s all in hibernation. I hung it up for my move in May, and then I developed tendinitis in both elbows and kept it hung up while I recovered.

Itā€™s a pretty substantial undertaking (involving a fair bit of lifting and pouring, hence the hiatus), and, wellā€¦ you know how when you give up a discipline, your life expands to fill the space?

I really should pick it back up, though - consuming probiotics on the daily was doing a lot for my overall health. And once you discover how cheap it is to make (literal pennies on the 1-gallon batch), you absolutely canā€™t stomach paying for it.

5 Likes

Happy birthday LadyStarblade! :birthday: :fireworks: :tada:

5 Likes

Thank you thank you. Weā€™ll be celebrating all week.

Or at least until the cake runs out! :cake: :birthday: :cupcake:

6 Likes

ā€¦or is there cake?

7 Likes

Look, if thereā€™s one thing Iā€™ve learned from Great British Bake Off, itā€™s DONā€™T OPEN THE OVEN until the cakes are done! Patience!

Well, that and make sure the ovenā€™s on in the first place! :laughing:

5 Likes

ā€œHullo, Mum? ā€¦Dad? Oi, itā€™s only me, just wanted to say I nicked @LadyStarbladeā€˜s friendā€™s lemon chiffon cake and pretended it was mine, and I won Star Baker this week!ā€

6 Likes