Synthia's Selects

Just fired up the MegaSynthia Select of Robot Holocaust After the film breaks on Commando Cody, Joel goes to see if he can fix it. Just as the main feature starts, he comes back saying he got it working. But he can’t control when the movies began or end–that’s right in the theme song.

Something is fishy here…

5 Likes

Well, that was just a Short, and not a feature-length movie.

6 Likes

I’m so behind on these this month. I did watch The Atomic Brain early this month, but didn’t have time to say anything about it at the time. All I remember off the top of my head is that someone had a lot of fun putting together that list of wifi names.

Tonight I sashayed through the sarcasm with Dr. Z, which is a damp, weird movie, but doesn’t really have anything to make it stand out.

But we got Pearl and Mega-Synthia again! I love the contrast with how Pearl treats Synthia, but I suppose she would favor the more unstable, violent one. And please, please, can we allow Pearl the bring back lawn darts? The world’s on fire anyway, so what can it hurt apart from lots of children? I loved Emily’s offline Instagram, but the “for whom the Taco Bell tolls” really tickled me, too.

No love! Love is gone!

6 Likes

I had an okay time.

9 Likes

I think mega-synthia is the Wario of MST3K. Just all the craziness and fun all at once.

Also my wifi is “Totally Obvious” with password: totallyobvious. I live in the middle of nowhere so security isn’t an issue. My brother’s is “Mines of Moria” and “speak friend”

8 Likes

If I ever put security over a bit, I will have to retire from comedy.

8 Likes

The Amazing Transparent Man! Marvel at his adequacy! I always forget what great host segments this episode has. Oh, and the darkest short in MST3K history. Yikes!

Clearly Tom is amazing, but I agree that most men aren’t. I am, of course. I mean, it’s obvious. The Amazing Dr. Phantom! Synthia doesn’t seem to like being looked through, though. Curious. The bit with the bot updates was hilarious, and who among us hasn’t at some point vowed obsolescence for life?

Squaaaaantoooooooooo!

7 Likes

… A Warrior’s Tale?

6 Likes

Nothing like a January visit to Venus. I appreciate this movie, but I’m not a big fan. It’s just a bit too slow and never feels like it gets much of a payoff. I love seeing a movie from that long ago, made in East Germany, of all places, with such a diverse cast who work together. You’d have a hard time making that now without it being review bombed by crazy people.

Who better than Pearl to take us though this movie, since she can appreciate a sadder, more German Wall-E. I loved Servo’s recurring Uranus jokes mixed in with his normal ramblings. Oh, and when can we get a Servo collector pin? Do we have to wait for him to invade Disney? The high point of this one is probably GPC tech support. Jonah has to learn that you don’t mess with someone’s chocolate stash!

5 Likes

Regarding Venus:
I am racking my brain trying to figure out if GPC is humming something specific as her hold music. It sounds so very familiar, it’s driving me crazy!

3 Likes

It was the Robot Holocaust! Now with extra guac! It’s nice to see a season 1 episode in the mix, but I’m glad it’s one of the better ones. This movie is so endearingly bad!

Mega-Synthia again! This time holding the tiny!huge mug in a delightfully weird way. She and Crow had a nice little bonding session this time around, even if it did seem to leave Mega-Synthia stuck in a bit of a loop at the end. I wonder if the other robots need to start keeping an eye on Crow, though. The sketch with the bots’ batteries dying was hilarious, and it’s nice to see them keeping up the tradition of giving Jonah a hard time.

I don’t care what anyone says, I’d hire Valeria as a minion. And not for that, you pervs.

5 Likes

I’m really cutting it close this month, but I think I’ve managed it. Oh, Mister B! Yeah, the movie’s about 60 Foot Glenn, but we all know it’s our favorite music sprite who makes this one worth watching.

Who better to host a movie about a giant than Mega-Synthia? She really got into it, but I learned one disturbing thing. Ikea doesn’t carry a throne of skulls! Oh, and also that GPC is really good at flattery. The mixed up puppet voices bit was good, but now I’m curious if they also switched puppets. GPC2 thriving on chaos also makes me wonder if she’s got a bit of Mega-Synthia energy in her.

Oh, Mega-Synthia, you’re my number 1 colossal beast, too. Please crush me, Mega-Synthia. I mean, I don’t have a crush on Mega-Synthia! I mean, look over there!

bail abandon thread GIF

7 Likes

Oh, hello John Oliver.
Adam Driver Thinking GIF by PBS SoCal

1 Like

Thanks for always posting your thoughts on these! I always wonder who’s actually watching and enjoying them. And the mixed-up puppet voices was one of my favorite hidden bits of the season! So chaotic and fun. I was particularly proud of GPC2’s drop-in. Explains a lot, really.

13 Likes

Hard to imagine that anyone with a Gizmoplex pass wouldn’t be watching Synthia’s Selects. They are the Shizzle!

14 Likes

Thanks for making them and engaging so much with all of us! Like klcorridon said, it’s hard to believe anyone’s not watching these. It’s almost like six extra episodes a month. The sketches are consistently good enough to be in a full episode, and Rebecca, Mary Jo, and Yvonne are all so fantastic in their roles. Playing off the same beats and coming up with such different takes, even little things like the credits gags. I think it’s safe to say that none of us expected this much extra content when we got on this crazy ride.

12 Likes

We’ve got Vault Pick sign!

Yes, it’s Doomed Lovers month in the Gizmoplex, so get ready to laugh!

We’ve got Hercules Unchained, The Girl in Lover’s Lane (prepare your happier endings now; I know I have), Girl in Gold Boots, Tormented, The Screaming Skull, and The Touch of Satan. It’s an interesting mix this time.

10 Likes

I figured the February theme would be something along these lines, but I was hoping for “Love Stinks! :ok_hand:

6 Likes

No Sidehackers?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I could handle Sidehackers and Lover’s Lane in the same month.
Scared Kermit The Frog GIF

9 Likes