The Ending of All Endings

The ending Host Segment you recall most. What final skit puts you in stiches? Torgo’s Pizza, the Eegah Shower, Clown in the Sky? Which closer doesn’t stink?

4 Likes

I gotta go with I Accuse My Parents in which every host segment killed and the end skit included the funniest letter ever. Actually it was a postcard from a viewer submitting a possible date candidate for Tom Servo.

5 Likes

He learned almost too late that man is a feeling creature… and because of it, the greatest in the universe. He learned too late for himself that men have to find their own way, to make their own mistakes. There can’t be any gift of perfection from outside ourselves. And when men seek such perfection… they find only death… fire… loss… disillusionment… the end of everything that’s gone forward. Men have always sought an end to the toil and misery, but it can’t be given, it has to be achieved. There is hope, but it has to come from inside, from Man himself.

12 Likes

Mike & Friends as they achieve immortality at the end of the universe in Laserblast, and then the 2001 homage to make sure I can still giggle and not collapse into a sad pile of sentimental Jenga bits.

6 Likes

The technical difficulties with the Deep 13 feed, which wreck the episode credits for Daddy-O.

7 Likes

It’s not the most hilarious host segment ending, but the one that sticks with me the most is the caroling, gift presentation, letter reading, and Deep 13 present exchange for Santa Claus Conquers the Martians.

5 Likes

Dang, I was going to go there. (keep it going)

4 Likes

The ending of Gamera vs. Zigra, I think it was, with Mike as Michael Feinstein singing the Gamera theme, and the Mads enchanted, until, at the end, Dr. F: “Aaaah… kill him. Better yet, I’ll kill him, you push the button.”

The man in the bowler hat showing up at the end of The Deadly Bees.

9 Likes

“They Just Didn’t Care!”

5 Likes

Cave Dwellers’ (1984) “What do you want from us? We’re evil!!! EVIL!!!”

2 Likes

“WHOOO’S MERRETT STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE?!!”

(I couldn’t resist)

3 Likes

First Spaceship on Venus, with Tom’s sacarasm sequencer finally overloading. Plus Joel’s highly evocative description of visiting his grandparents as a kid, sure to resonate with a ton of people from all different generations.

3 Likes