The Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour...Movie

Oo- a museum job! You could sneak in a Tom Servo as modern art or a Crow as some made-up culture’s ritual piece- depending on the venue😅 I’m sure your boss will find it hilarious if you’re found out👍🏻

4 Likes

I hope the live shows were filmed. I got to see Eegah in Green Bay but the others just didn’t jive with the schedule. It would be great relive Eegah and enjoy the ones I’ve read about here. It’s partially why I bought the Cinematic Titanic DVDs because rattlers was fun.

2 Likes

I doubt their contracts with the various films’ owners allowed for the recording of the shows for future commercial release. It would be great if they could do that, but probably the rights holders were asking too much money for that level of distribution.

It would be great if they could work out a deal to tape some of the live shows. I saw the Circus of Horrors show in Jan. of '20 and loved it and the experience of watching it with a “live audience”. As has been mentioned on another thread the RiffTrax “live” shows are usually more enjoyable than the studio ones because of their actual physical presence in the show and the freer interactions they have with each other and with the audience. I’m sure the same would be true of an MST3k “live” show video.

2 Likes

They weren’t.

There was discussion during the kickstarter and as the most recent tour was getting planned, and it looks like this, as i recall:

1. broadcasting rights are different than performance rights, so they cant just bring the tours to film and distribute them

2. they would, however, love to be able to share them again in some capacity.

The read I’ve gotten is one of “this is not off the table, but it’s also not a top priority”. Also, with this being (to the best of our knowledge) the final time we’ll see Joel in the jumpsuit, that might make at least the 30 year tour hard to recreate (the cheesy movie circus could probably work even without Joel, moving Emily into a more prominent role?)

So, yknow, dont despair, but also don’t hold your breath.

3 Likes

yes sorry Circus Horror…please add this to the new MST3k!!!

1 Like