The Ink & Paint Club

One more January entry:

Adventure 4

6 Likes

First salvo in the War on Hearts Day has been FIRED!! :boom:

Special Treat 10

6 Likes

I saw the word “sunflower” in this work, and the colors in the previous one, and thought:
Resistance Never Give In GIF

6 Likes

Here’s the original poem. That whole card is… pretty amazing stuff. Especially gun-toting Cupid who can’t figure out what his dominate hand is:

By amylsacks. "In the days of patch and powder--- Dreamful days of long ago-- If the damosels were prouder Than today we may not know;  "But it is no elf of fancy That low whispers to us now Love

4 Likes

Digital decollage. I made a layer of typefaces, using brush-setting erasers to “peel back” portions of them at the edges of the scraps. Then I put a “painting” over them and “peeled” that, too. Fun experiment:

Still Life 9

I’ve used erasers like this before on occasion, but never on an entire pic.

6 Likes

The mushrooms used to be the base of a dessert dish. Thought of making them the stars, but then I really got into the “figure painting” part. So fun, and it did better on that other site than I expected. I guess I could bring out the brushes more in the future.

Magic Cap 4

7 Likes

YOUR ART IS SO. DARN. COOL!!!

6 Likes

Awww… thanks.

Are you working on anything right now? I like your pics a lot, too.

I’ve been back to making pictures for almost seven years now, after seven years of lying fallow. I feel like I’m just beginning to unlock all the things that Photoshop can do. :slight_smile:

Here’s the new one I just finished on Friday. (My eyes may never uncross again)

First of March is completed. :face_holding_back_tears:

Purple Kiss

I keep doing these Cornell homages because I have no sense. :ambulance:

6 Likes

Oh, now that rocks!! I need to do more collages, for sure.
And thank you so much!!! Here’s something I did about a week or so ago:

8 Likes

Ooohh… Mysterious. Are these your own characters?

4 Likes

Now I have some questions ! Where are those two headed? Is that a morel ?! Are they planning on putting it on a pizza, or are they more the Steak Diane types?

5 Likes

Thank you!!! And yeah! My thought process was bascially, “What if…a coyote and a black bear go. Mushroom hunting. In the night. Yes.” XD

5 Likes

It sure is!!! The coyote is teaching the bear about mushroom foraging! That’s kinda what I had in mind. Funnily, the bear is like the coyote’s sidekick. I think they’re some kind of a mischievous duo!

5 Likes

People have literally come to blows over expensive/desirable shrooms in the wild so yeah… Maybe this IS the kind of help you need in your corner to make it big in Mycology. :wink:

5 Likes

When your competition is a team of truffle hunting dogs specially bred, you have to improvise!

Lagotto Romagnolo Lolo GIF by Rover.com

4 Likes

…and speaking of woodlands:

Big Sister

7 Likes

FINALLY, April stuff to show:

( Just click the thumbnails to see 'em bigger.)

Snakeface 4

Thoughts Of You 3

8 Likes

oooh I especially like the TV dinner one, very dynamic :smiley:

5 Likes

Yay! Thanks. I’ve had those sitting in the clip file for eons, and this is the first time I’ve used them.

5 Likes

I remember eating those when my Uncle babysat me when I was a young lad. It was during the original run of the V mini series. Still vividly remember my uncle’s reaction to the lady eating the hamster!

business signs GIF

4 Likes