The Mads Are Back

I kept waiting for a Warner Bros Load Runner style joke as well. Or indeed a reference to the ancient classic computer game.

https://www.loderunnerclassic.com/

1 Like

They’re saving it for the sequel: Load Runners II: Viva La NAFTA. :pensive:

Now I want to see a similar film that addresses a key MST3K concern - Load Panners.

I’d like to hear a parody of The Modern Lovers’ Roadrunner about Load Runners.

1 Like

I’d like to know if the Load Runners and the Ball Crafters ever squared off at the bowling alley… and if so, who prevailed? :thinking:

1 Like

probably the Ball Loaders

Heat Wave Cat GIF

I lurrve The Mads! I’m so bummed that my bedtime is about 1900 or at latest 2000 PDT so I always miss these live events.

I’ll catch up one of these days!

2 Likes

The Pin Bots.

The Mads will be putting Glenn or Glenda up on YouTube for free on Thursday:

That will be about two years after it premiered. So I wonder if the strategy is going to be to put them up for sale after a year, then free on YouTube at two years?

4 Likes

Rewatched The Lost Missile recently, what a great (if bleak) episode. Highly recommended. Also rewatched T-Bird Gang, grooved on it hard the second time around. That is a really good jazz soundtrack.

3 Likes

We are only doing this with Glen or Glenda for now. And it will be the movie only, excluding the intro & Q&A.

You can still purchase this title in full on demand at Dumb Video: https://dumbvideo.dumb-industries.com

And you can purchase a new commemorative poster for the livestream with original artwork by Carmen Cerra here: The Mads Are Back — Dumb Industries Online Store — Dumb Industries

8 Likes

Coincidentally, I also just rewatched The Lost Missile the other day, and I agree it’s an excellent episode.

3 Likes

I’m intrigued by the presence of the old short-lived NBC logo in the lettering.

3 Likes

Great poster design, really like it. In fact…

1 Like

That is a cool poster design.

2 Likes

Sounds good.

1 Like

There’s a trailer up for Glen or Glenda:

6 Likes

Just bumping this thread in case folks forgot about tonight’s 8pm ET premiere, but The Mads Are Back: Glen or Glenda will remain available to watch on YouTube for free in the same location.

Enjoy!

9 Likes

One of their best, and a fascinating movie in its own right.

4 Likes