The Majestic Music Appreciation Thread

I love this band, and I love it when they drop new stuff while I’m all coffee blinky sleepy derpy.

1 Like

In memory of Vangelis…

3 Likes

This is off the LP a former friend (AKA enemy) chose to keep, like a serial killer keeps trophies.

But, I still like the tune, and lately when I feel like it I fire it up in Db on the piano. Like everybody else, I learned it in C off the record, since the original recording was a bit in between the cracks, but I like it in Db better now.

Which is a great key to play in, in general.

1 Like

Another Jon Anderson and Vangelis classic…

2 Likes

It saddens me to call Primitive Radio Gods a one hit wonder, but the only song to ever chart was Standing Outside a Broken Phone Booth With Money in My Hand. A song that Howard Stern has said on many occasions that it is his favorite song of all-time. Even devoted a segment of one of his shows to break down why the song is his favorite.

The album is a constant spinner for me.

This song is explicit. It uses the N word, but in a context that is opposite of its negative use. It’s about wearing someone else’s shoes every once in a while.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Do not listen to this song if you get stuck in an elevator.

If you guys don’t get it, watch this GMOD Idiot Box scene, and you’ll know what I mean.

1 Like

I haven’t thought about the GMod Idiot Box in years!

2 Likes

It’s too bad that the series has been dormant for 7 years.

3 Likes

That’s for sure

2 Likes

I’ve decided to bring some of the Vocaloid music from my old thread here for you guys to share.

And here’s one more I like:

Clockwork Girl

2 Likes

Think it is time for a montage.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Might recognize that riff! :smile:

/* EDIT: it’s pretty much “Smoke on the Water” from Deep Purple…one of their lesser tunes! */

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen, if you have the time, please take a moment to look at this official art gallery taken straight from the Japanese puppet variety show, Quintet, as a bonus feature that played on one of the DVDs, while the song Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky plays in the background.

(The video (and the music)'s now purged from YouTube. But jokes on them! At least I saved it!)

1 Like

No real commentary. I knew a gal who prided herself on her bad sneakers. But also, bad sneakers, meaning a loose fit, can accomodate a whole bunch of KT tape for remedying tendon problems in or about the foot.

You need a pair of good sneakers, though, if you’re going to try to catch the grey men when they dive from the 14th floor.

1 Like

This,

3 Likes

also this,

3 Likes