The Mighty Fan Art Thread!

@rocketsoup “just a little stipple art.” Yeah, right. In the words of Arch Hall, Jr. “Wow-wee wow!” Awesome piece. Love the time-lapse.

5 Likes

And here’s another Mort Drucker-styled MST3K drawing I did a few years ago of the original era. I included some movie characters as well. (the lighter gray areas didn’t come out when I made the file)

31 Likes

These are great! Out of curiosity, from someone who can’t draw stick figures, how long does something like this one take to draw?

3 Likes

I generally draw fairly fast, but projects like those take a bit longer. The part with Dr. Forrester took a bit of study to get just the expression just right. Really didn’t measure the time it took. I used Google Image to get the likenesses right, using multiple pics to avoid straight-up copying, in the non-photo blue pencil stage. Also, multiple sittings before they were finished.

3 Likes

Looking through an old sketchbook from around 2005. Found these two lurking on a page.

20 Likes

I need that middle Torgo as a sticker.

2 Likes

Here’s a picture I made of the ‘bots as android/humans!

24 Likes

7 Likes

Anybody know what color Emily’s eyes are? The pic I’m using for reference for my project makes them look light brown, but lighting can do weird things.

3 Likes

For my “Here’s to the Gizmoplex!!!” art, I had to improvise by giving her brown eyes.

3 Likes

Here’s my pic of Growler faking Leonard Cohen’s music at the end of the episode At the Earth’s Core. Also, I’m still learning how to draw my favorite green bot.

22 Likes

:musical_note:king of the wild frontier :musical_note:?

9 Likes

You guys remember that concept art of Emily Connor as a platypus? Well here’s Platypus!Emily being petted! Oh, and here’s this music to go along with it. The song’s been trending on the 'net for quite a while.

11 Likes

Is musical fan art allowed? I just finished a MST3K tribute song, and would love to share it.

6 Likes

Please share!

4 Likes

Thanks for the kind encouragement, I’ll do a final mix tomorrow and post it.

5 Likes

If for some reason you aren’t following the Kickstarter updates, you really must check out the amazing comic book covers that Shane Campos drew and that will be on sale at New York Comic Con.

10 Likes

Just finished “Mystery Science Theme Song 2021,” my musical love letter to the show, these forums - and of course, the yule log! And by that, I mean the good people in the MST3K Twitch Channel chat. o7

Enjoy it, won’t you?

13 Likes

I saw these @AdamSmith. I want the Silver Surfer (Servo!) one!!! Alas, I am on the wrong coast… :sob:

3 Likes

I’m at the wrong coast too, but I wanted the Action Comics poster, all because Waverly and Growler were in it.

3 Likes