The Mystery Host

During the Kickstarter there was a preview of the updated host badges, with a blank badge and the implication there would be a surprise mystery host. So, who do you think it will be?

My guess, after rewatching the Quest Of The Delta Knights livestream last night, is that Mary Jo will be back to host a full episode. She did a great job riffing the first part of that film, and she’s kept her skills sharp at Rifftrax, so why not have Grammy Pearl do a full one for MST3K?

16 Likes

Mary Jo would be great. J.Elvis is another strong candidate.

11 Likes

I hope it’s Matt Claude Van Damme!

23 Likes

Forgot about Matt, that would make sense

5 Likes

That does make sense. I’d like to see Tim Ryder do it, too.

7 Likes

Kinga mad with power, forcing Pearl to riff a movie?
Well, that has to lead to Pearl dragging Kinga in with her in the second half…and they wind up really understanding what the experiment really means.
Then it’s the Synthias’ turn

7 Likes

Kinga and Max, hoisted on their own petard?

8 Likes

I did wonder if that was going to be the opening episode, showing Kinga and Max riffing their way out of the Movie Trap.

If Pearl does end up being the mystery host, how sweet would it be to have Bobo and Brain Guy as her co-riffers?

5 Likes
5 Likes

I have a feeling it’s Matt.

2 Likes

Which update was that part of? I honestly must have missed that as I don’t remember seeing a blank badge.

3 Likes

It was a secret patch- I don’t remember they ever said it was for a host specifically. Just a fifth patch. I assumed it was a bigger gizmoplex/MST moon logo patch.

5 Likes

That’s true, it isn’t explicitly a host patch, I read that into it. I couldn’t find it in the KS updates (the search there is virtually non-existant), but did find an image from the interwebs.

10 Likes

We could always grill @timryder and @mattmcg22

office sunglasses GIF by South Park

6 Likes

They claim to “know nothing”.

12 Likes

Mystery Patch?

21 Likes

Face it, we all want it to be Mike, and we know it won’t be Mike, so we are all trying to get enthusiastic about the next best thing. Because you know they could then have all the experimental subjects riff at once… the joy!

4 Likes

If they can’t get Mary Jo they could always get David Warner. That man will do anything.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s 1313. The three hosts together and a 1 by their faces? A thought.

Maybe it’s not actually a 5th Season 13 patch but a grey Emily Season 11 (0 episodes) patch to “complete” the original set.

2 Likes