The Villains Thread - Evil Can Evil!

Who are your favourite villains. Or conversely, do you have any commentary on any particular villains in fiction?

1 Like

My favorites are Boris Badenov, Natasha Fatale and Snidely Whiplash. My perception of villainy formed through repeated Rocky & Bullwinkle viewings.

6 Likes

I agree, and I would add Simon Barsinister from Underdog.

4 Likes

The current season of Superman and Lois did an excellent job with this season’s villains, a crime boss and his wife in “South Metropolis”. The story blends in some racial issues and is more layered than the usual fare.
I usually watch this show for the family drama, which is very well done, but the villain story this season was also very good.

1 Like

My earliest non-cartoon concept of the wide world of villainy came from the Adam West Batman TV series.

Another childhood favorite villain was Dr. Miguelito Loveless –

Even as a GIF you can see what a terrific actor Michael Dunn was and he always shined whenever he appeared in this role.

6 Likes

patrick swayze GIF

3 Likes

The greatest of all time!

R

12 Likes

Two 1985 baddies.

Scared Peace Out GIF

fright night horror GIF by absurdnoise

2 Likes

As a fan of Hammer Horror…

frankenstein-must-be-destroyed-original (2)

Dr. Frankenstein - He thinks he’s the good guy, and sometimes he seems okay… until you’re find out that he’s only helping the poor for his own sick aims (Revenge of Frankenstein), or is planning to have his creature rape his mute assistant, just to see what comes of it (Frankenstein and the Monster From Hell), and if that’s not enough, he’s a complete son of a **** in Frankenstein Must Be Destroyed,

Peter Cushing was so elegant, which made his evil so chilling.

In addition…

Lee’s Dracula

And speaking of elegant but nasty… Charles Gray as Mocata in the Devil Rides Out

6 Likes

Early on these were my villains, and they were so cool.

Mean He-Man GIF

And almost everyone from the old 60’s Batman series.

And when I got older there were these guys.

EVIL!

Simon&Hecubus

6 Likes

The favorite villain of my childhood.

1 Like

[still laughing until the heat death of the universe]

4 Likes

This is obscure, but I enjoyed the villain Mezmeron from the 80s Pac-Man cartoon because they gave him a high collar that covered his mouth so they wouldn’t have to animate it. That’s thrifty!

My god was that cartoon cheaply made. They had about five backgrounds and about the same number of characters.

2 Likes

One of the greatest names in villainy… Casanova Frankenstein

R (3)

3 Likes

That movie had so much wasted promise if you’ve read the comic.

I enjoyed it for what it is, but it could have been so much better.

“You see, Doctor, you’re my intellectual equal. Almost. I have so few worthy opponents. When they’ve gone, I always miss them.”

Okay, technically it was Delgado who said that, but Ainley has the added distinction of having appeared in an MST3K movie.

3 Likes

I still prefer Delgado.

”I Lied!”

1 Like

You can’t get much more evil than this…