Canā€™t we just get beyond Th-

Oh wait, wrong movie.

1 Like

agentsmithlaugh

that feel when I read this thread

4 Likes

6 Likes

TRUTH!

I hated that %&@! thing so much. My daughter begged for us to do it. I had to find a creative place to put it every day for a month. And our house is not exactly huge. Then my daughter couldnā€™t find it anyway.

Thankfully we only had to do it for two years.

3 Likes

5 Likes

Three decades and change later, that same actor, Hugh Keays-Byrne, would take on another great antagonistic role in that universe as Immortan Joe in Fury Road:

1 Like

Fury Road was a really good action movie, but I felt it had lost that distinctively Australian feel that the original movies had.

2 Likes

The movie gets bashed a lot, but I thought it was good, and Charles Dance was an epic villain.

2 Likes

alienscarterburke

Sure, the xenomorphs in Aliens were bad news, but this guyā€¦

ā€¦ THIS GUY.

7 Likes

Apparently even his mom was happy when his character got what was coming to him.

3 Likes

I LOVE THAT STORY.

If itā€™s true? His mother reportedly said of the characterā€™s fate: ā€œGOOD.ā€

2 Likes

Anyone who pops the collar of a sport coat canā€™t be trusted.

4 Likes

I donā€™t care if itā€™s several hundred years in future. You donā€™t pop that.

2 Likes

Re-watching The Last Action Hero a few years ago, it was a lot better than I remembered. And Charles Dance was having almost as much fun as this utterly glorious scene-stealer of a Black Hat.

5 Likes

No sequel for him.

3 Likes

As far as David Patrick Kelly is concerned, is his rat-like punk Luther from The Warriors a nastier baddie than the sleazy creep Sully from Commando?
They both get a satisfying comeuppance.

4 Likes

Arguably.

They were both great fun to watch!

1 Like

Luther ainā€™t exactly great himself.

ā€œIt looked real painful.ā€

1 Like

While weā€™re on the subject of bad guys in Arnold moviesā€¦

Ben Richards: ā€œKillian! Iā€™LL BE BACK.ā€

Killian:

arnoldonlyinarerun