THIS POST IS FULL OF TURTLE MEAT: Come join your GAMERA VS GUIRON Open Thread for tonight's tribute event!

Woo! Actually working this time.

2 Likes

WE HAVE JAZZ.

I repeat.

WE HAVE JAZZ.

5 Likes

TRANSMISSION SAUCE IS SQUEEZED!

2 Likes

Same. I love the idea of Gamera (especially since I have a friend who is a HUGE Godzilla fan, and I playfully bring up Gamera whenever possible), but I don’t like the movies themselves.

But I love my MST3K friends! Let’s do this!

2 Likes

FLY, PAPER TWERKING CROW, FLY!!!

Paper Servo, respect his airspace.

3 Likes

Yum. I could really go for the great taste of Gamera.

He’s full of some sort of meat dont you know.

1 Like

Hey everyone! I have missed you! I won’t be commenting/riffing live with you all. I get to watch with my wife and hear her epic riffs!

5 Likes

There’s Gamera!

2 Likes

Can’t wait for tonight! Feels like forever since the last show.

5 Likes

Huh. He looks a little more green.

2 Likes

…and he hasn’t aged a day!! <3

That’s a strange pairing: Gamereega?! :dizzy_face:

4 Likes

This popsicle stick puppeteering really shows the raw talent this show has!

4 Likes

Definitely still can’t hear it (there’s a recent second layer of it being me), but I’ll have it playing on my phone soon

:smiley:

[SCREAMS FOREVER ]

5 Likes

Yaaaay, open thread!

2 Likes

Still making popcorn, aaaahhhhh!

1 Like

I got orange and hot pepper flavored Modelo beer, and I’m feeling… Goooooooddd

1 Like

RiffTrax Trivia! (From Godzilla)

Anagrams: Cdae Yaereg
Hahahahahahaha, seriously, Cade Yeager is Marky Mark’s actual character name in Transformers 4
Anagrams: Garema
A GAMER (what, you were expecting something else?)
Spoiler Alert: Godzilla wins - Bambi Vs. Godzilla
Spoiler Alert: Dawn of the Planet of the Apes turns out to be a commercial for Dawn’s new ape-friendly dish soap.
Spoiler Alert: Apparently Godzilla is some kind of supersized lizard. Who knew!
Spoiler Alert: The television series Twin Peaks contains two peaks. Sorry for ruining it!
Hollywood Lingo: “Uncanny Valley” - When a CGI or animatronic character looks almost human and evokes feelings of unease or digust. (See also John Leguizamo.)
Hollywood Lingo: “Alan Smithee” - the pseudonym used by directors of cinematic disasters, was retired in 2000. It’s since been replaced by “Uwe Boll”.
Hollywood Lingo:: “Reboot” - pinata full of cash
Movie Mistakes: Using the term “canon” to refer to the series of cheap movies about the big rubbery dinosaur.
Movie Mistakes: Caring who directs Ant-Man
Movie Mistakes: Forgetting how to train your dragon, thus necessitating the sequel How to Train Your Dragon 2.
Movie Mistakes: Jet Jaguar
Movie Quotes: “I hear he’s a very nice person in real life.” - the closest to a positive review any recent Adam Sandler movie has received
Movie Quotes: “Some men just want to watch the world burn. Others prefer comfortable shoes.” - from The Dark Knight Gets Into the Shoe Business
Movie Quotes: “Some men just want to watch the world burn. Hey, have you tried these bacon-wrapped figs?” - from The Dark Knight Won’t Stop Recommending Bacon-Wrapped Figs
Movie Quotes: “Some men just want to watch the world burn. Typical Scorpios, am I right?” - from The Dark Knight Dates a Woman Who’s All About Astrology
Movie Quotes: “@!#?@!” - Q*bert: Live in Concert
Movie Quotes: “What the?! Where the hell are the Owls of Ga’Hoole?!” - Guy who thinks Guardians of the Galaxy is a sequel to Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole
Did You Know? The mayor and his assistant in 1998’s Godzilla are based on Siskel & Ebert. In fact, the whole movie is a lot like Siskel and Ebert (present day).

1 Like

The Live in 20 email just got sent. 6 minutes late or “The show starts 5 minutes after the countdown ends”?

1 Like

Is now the right time to try to argue that Gamera might be a giant space tortoise, not turtle?

6 Likes