tributes to TV’s Frank on his last episode

Does anyone have a clip of that final segment of Sampson Vs Vampire Women where the bots all try to say something nice about TV’s Frank, and GPC delivers a line so beautiful that it almost makes me burst into tears? I’m pretty sure it’s a slightly altered quote from another source, but I can’t recall it clearly enough to search it out. (Maybe that episode just always makes me sad; TV’s Frank remains my all-time favorite element of MST3k. That one is even more bittersweet than Mitchell, but Mitchell remains one of the funniest movies anyway)

3 Likes

When he shall die,
Take him and cut him out in little stars,
And he will make the face of heaven so fine
That all the world will be in love with night
And pay no worship to the garish sun.

Apparently it’s from Romeo & Juliet (I’m a dope I guess) but the line being delivered by a purple robot about my favorite henchman ever just gets me in that ending-of-It’s-a-Wonderful-Life spot and I tear up. Right on, sister. Let’s cut up Frank into little pieces

4 Likes

I was going to suggest it sounded like Shakespeare, but I guess you found the source before I read the thread

3 Likes

Better than my suggested epitaph which was, Beans without Frank are just lonely whistle-berries. I mean, we can’t ALL be poetic geniuses. :wink:

5 Likes

IDK, “whistle-berries” makes for a good two-word poem !

1 Like

I think that’s from one of the Phantom Creeps episodes but I’m not 100% sure.

1 Like

Also, I believe Let Me Be Frank About Frank is the best song the show ever produced and may be the greatest song ever recorded, and I will fight about it

1 Like