Twitch Channel got DMCA'd!

Is anyone at Shout! or MST3K aware the Twitch channel just got taken down?

5 Likes

Never noticed

1 Like

The YouTube feed is still up.

Just started Mitchell

1 Like

Still down! Says the channel “is currently unavailable due to a violation of Twitch’s Community Guidelines or Terms of Service” - I wonder what happened!

1 Like

Crow stripping during The Girl in Gold Boots.

6 Likes

Gosh darn it I was going to watch before bed!!

Apparently a bunch of unlikely-sounding channels were simultaneously banned, which starts to smell like some kind of error or even maybe malicious actor (no not that kind of actor):

8 Likes

I swear Twitch decides its policy by random die rolls. Even their own people don’t know what will cause a ban until after it happens.

4 Likes

ShoutTv was stopped and is currently not broadcasting either

Getting my fix on YouTube but I was about 1/3 of the way through Skydivers

3 Likes

Honestly? I think this is where the Gizmoplex could have stepped up to the challenge offering random episodes and a group chat

But alas some things were not meant to be

5 Likes

Rifftrax channel still going strong, at least.

And here I thought it was just a power failure on the west coast, last night… HOW WILL I GET THROUGH WORK?? The deepest hurting, indeed.

2 Likes

Le Tube’s MST channel is working for me right now.

In the case of Le Tube, the channel might appear to be shut down because they can only run videos for x-number of hours because after that they’re required to create a new page whatsit. Please forgive my techno-jargon.

I know nothing about Twitch. I’ve never used it.

1 Like

…“ALF Español”?

1 Like

The voice dubbing makes him sound like Boris Badenov.

2 Likes

The allure of Alf has always escaped me, but on the other hand at least it’s not Silver Spoons. [shudder]

1 Like

I have always had a fondness for those sitcoms that toss in something ridiculous to stand out. “My horse talks.” “I married a genie.” “Our family is harboring an alien.” It’s all good. ALF was perfect for me.

I have watched it in my adult life. When my son was born, I found myself doing many 3 AM feeding sessions, and streaming TV was still in its infancy. I pulled up ALF on Hulu and it became my feeding ritual. It was entertaining without being too challenging for 3 AM-brain. It hit that sweet spot.

4 Likes

I just can’t take laugh tracks anymore. A lot of those old sitcoms were great, but the laugh tracks annoy me too much.

5 Likes

I remember a few years ago, Johnny Cochrane was a guest on Jimmy Kimmel’s show. The other guest? ALF. What an absolutely bizarre slice of pop culture right there.

3 Likes

It seems to be back.

6 Likes