Union Pacific makes the BEST movies!

I started working at Union Pacific last October doing video and internal communications.

I remember seeing these shorts before but my brain just made the connection today that they’re UP productions.

My worlds have collided!

Go in peace to love and serve Union Pacific.

28 Likes

Had I been in my position 60 years ago, I probably would have worked on these shorts.

12 Likes

Why don’t they look?

9 Likes

You’re deep, @FlyingSquid.

9 Likes

A buddy of mine works as an engineer with a local university. He was asked if he could film some of the things he does on a daily basis.

He was quite proud of his filming so he showed it, when we were over for dinner, a minute in i just started with some old Mstie riffs that matched things. that was fun…

Honestly I wish there were videos for my work i could riff with but they are just so dry…

8 Likes

I think this kind of thing a lot when I watch the bread truck short. I’m a corporate trainer, and I’ve probably personally built and delivered at least 5 versions of “Grocer Goodwill, Selling Displays, Plus Volume” in my career. These days it would absolutely be a PowerPoint presentation, and the whole notion of it as a whimsical supernatural three-act playlet with the budget to match is just like :exploding_head:

9 Likes

Can you use your position to get us some new Union Pacific shorts?

8 Likes

How ironic that just last Saturday I visited the Union Pacific railroad museum in Council Bluffs, Iowa. I was visiting my son in Nebraska and we decided to go there spur of the moment.

6 Likes

Just wanted to say: I love reading these personal takes/stories that deal with some aspect of MSTory. Thank y’all for sharing!

7 Likes

Also, the Union Pacific shorts are outstanding because the riff gang throws so much darkness at those shorts that light cannot possibly escape.

If we get any Union Pacific shorts for Season 13, I will scream.

6 Likes

Really? SPUR of the moment.

Bet you didn’t even mean that awesome pun.

11 Likes

I don’t think there’s anything new to dig up. The two that were riffed were already public domain.

3 Likes

Hope you enjoyed it!

3 Likes

Not dig up, make new!!

4 Likes

It’s interesting looking at these now from the inside.

When I first watched these years ago, I laughed my ass off.

But now, understanding the company culture, as cheesey as these shorts are, the company had genuine intention talking to people about safety. It’s still the number one message that UP pushes.

Still some great riffs, but yeah, wow, that’s dark. HAHA.

7 Likes

I hope that I’m self-aware enough that doesn’t happen. HAHA.

3 Likes

The only problem with UP movies is that no-one ever looks at them. Why don’t they look?

7 Likes
4 Likes

Always remember that trains are blameless, holy creatures.

7 Likes

Also always remember: gentle pressure.

7 Likes