Virtual theater seems overly complicated

OK, I will go back to msfn.org and talk to Roytam1, the developer/recoder of New Moon. See if the new version will work. If you want to see my post there, go to My Browser Builds (Part 3) - Page 131 - Browsers working on Older NT-Family OSes - MSFN You’ll see my gizmoplex pic.

1 Like

2nd Error. The Gizmoplex
When selecting a video from my cooler, the screen is black but audio is heard. New Moon 28.10.5a1 32bit 2022-04-29

1 Like

lihatt, Look I’m sorry but is it too much to ask for sites to code for the simpler browsers?
Net speeds get faster and seems like there’s tons of bloat. Can this be fixed without switching browsers? At least the main Gizmoplex works.

1 Like

In this case, unfortunately, it is too much to ask, especially for something as interactive and visual as the Gizmoplex virtual theater.

As noted in the email invites, the Virtual Theater is only officially supported for Chrome at present.

Our development budget really didn’t allow for extensive cross browser optimization and testing, and the watch parties feature will be dependent on the use of a third party Chrome extension called Scener. Wish we had the resources to support more.

9 Likes

Oh OK I didn’t read the whole email to the bottom. I’ll just keep checking back when it’s ready. I guess Chromium browsers aren’t like regular Chrome browsers then? Like Maxthon. I get those same errors.

1 Like

Chromium refers to the open source parts of Chrome that various other browsers build on top of. It looks like the stable version of Maxthon is based on a pretty old version of Chromium (88; over a year old) but the most recent beta is built on top of Chromium 96 (only 6 months old). Browsers move fast these days and Chrome, Edge, Safari, and Firefox all auto update regularly. Developers usually target the last 2-5 releases of each.

Some of those absolute purist open source browsers also refuse to bring in some video codecs that have or can have DRM (Digital Rights Management), so that could also be your black screen problem with video.

4 Likes