Waking up with MST in your cup

So does anyone here use a riff-related song or soundbite for their morning alarm? Do you get pulled from dreamland by Movie sign? Do you echo back the Norman sound as you open your eyes? I’m curious and looking suggestions for a new alarm myself for a new year.

5 Likes

Movie Sign and the doorway sequence have the right kind of rhythmic noise to emulate an alarm.

Whatever you end up using, you should be sure to sit upright upon awakening and shout “Football practice!”

5 Likes

I can’t imagine a more perfect alarm clock tone than Danger!! Death Ray’s “ba-dah-ba-dah” tune. It’s so suave, if the stars align just right, you’ll wake up with a cigarette in one hand and a cocktail in the other. (Actually, Operation Double 007’s robe/cigar theme would probably work pretty well, too!)

6 Likes

I don’t use a wake-up alarm, but I like the MST3K bumper music for a variety of other notifications.

2 Likes

I bet being called a filthy wooooooooooorm would wake you right up,

3 Likes

I mean, yeah.

2 Likes

Hmmm…that’s a fun idea.

I’d have to go with “Are you ready for some football!” Just because I prefer my alarm to be unpleasant, upsetting, and provocative of anger.

Perhaps “All my rowdy friends are coming over!” (also a riff from Laserblast) because I like to open my bowels before leaving the apartment. That could only help.

2 Likes

You gave me a great idea, there’s songs in my favorite episode, “Giant Gila Monster” (that’s why there’s a “G” in my username) that I could use!

2 Likes

Wake children wake?

3 Likes