We're cancelling each other over MST3K takes today. What's your cancellable MST3K take?

I love Atlantic Rim!

11 Likes

Cabot is a lovely name and I enjoy hearing it yelled repeatedly.

10 Likes

I don’t really know which one is M. Waverly and which one is Growler.

14 Likes

Season 12 sucks!!!

… at first, especially since I saw the Netflix seasons in reverse. But now I love it.

2 Likes

The riffing of Hamlet was top-notch, the team deserves incredible props for daring to take on arguably the greatest drama in English literature (even if it was via a piece of Expressionist sauerbraten), and the episode generally doesn’t seem to get the respect and appreciation it deserves.

14 Likes

If I see the names Coleman Francis or Roger Corman, I just don’t.

I can only take about 10 minutes of J. Elvis at a time.

I don’t like any of the Japanese monster movies.

🫣

4 Likes

bu-BAM!!

4 Likes

Mmmm… sauerbraten… :yum:

2 Likes

I recognize it as a classic, but I don’t think the “Manos” episode is that funny. I don’t even put it in the top 10.

As a side note, Monster-A-Go-Go is a worse movie. It may be the worst movie they’ve done. At least the other movies have endings.

6 Likes

MST3K has more to offer than McLargeHuge and Rowsdower.

10 Likes

The movie or the riff?

3 Likes

I was afraid it was a euphemism of some sort. You know these kids and their crazy lingo.

2 Likes

Oh gosh, the riff!

5 Likes

OK, then.

Because liking Atlantic Rim the movie would be grounds for a cancellation of cosmic proportions. We’re talking real Old Testament stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies. Rivers and seas boiling. Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together – mass hysteria!

10 Likes

Absolutely agree!

2 Likes

I’ve said it before, but Moon Grey (undead reporter from Leave The Bronx) is more badass than either one of those yahoos. : P

2 Likes

I dip my Hamdingers in Hidden Valley Ranch.

4 Likes

mst3k424valleylodge

:-/

oh no

2 Likes

Seconded. Even if it was a network mandate, I think they made some pretty good art out of that adversity.

8 Likes

Some of Sci-Fi’s restrictions were hella stifling. I hated their genre restrictions that kept stuff like Girl in Gold Boots and Final Justice out of play until the last season.

But the imposed storyline mandates? They only inspired Team MST3K to whip up comedy gold AND give us two great new characters in the form of Professor Bobo and Brain Guy.

12 Likes