The Complete Eightball
A toaster
A 50 dollar Nintendo gift card
Video games
Candy
Harry’s Razors
A new backpack (as a promise)
A cooking pot
Aladdin Sane and A Day At the Races (I like classic rock)

6 Likes

I got some lovely art from two of my daughters. They know that’s my preference for gifts, something they make. One is a frog reading a book, and the other is…well, it’s A Serious Man-based. I’ll upload when I can.

6 Likes

What I really wanted- to be employed by the Roddenberry Archive full time. Alas…

Since The Wife and mom know to mainly stick to amazon lists or things I might ooo and ahh over for work needs…:

Books-
Leonard (William Shatner on his friendship with Nimoy over the decades)
Space:1999 Vault
Space: 1999 To Everything That Might Have Been
Boarding the Enterprise (David Gerrold)
The Frankenstein Legend (Donald Glut)
Apollo (up-res’ed selection of Apollo era photos- amazing)
Trope-ing the Light Fantastic - The Science Behind the Fiction
The End of Everything (Astrophysically Speaking) - Katie Mack
Art of Ron Cobb
Art of John Eaves
Another book in the Morpho series

Toys etc-
NECA Frankenstein (Glow in the Dark!)
Commlock and Stun Gun model
2001 A Space Odyssey Moon Bus model
Funko Pop Gorn
Funko Pop Khan
A couple of small Godzillas

Big gift- Flash Gordon animated series cel and bg, plus a separate char drawing
Gift to self- Flash Gordon Zarkov ship roto drawing and a few kits to work from for hopeful portfolio pieces

Chocolate :wink:

7 Likes

The wife got me a Buffalo Bills comforter sheet set and shower curtain, not to mention cooked an amazing Christmas meal of ham, scalloped potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and homemade sweat potato pie :heart:
I got her a 10 day cruise to the Caribbean in January (combination Christmas/Valentine’s present) :grin:

4 Likes

Great book!

3 Likes

We got another Christmas with our oldest pup, so blessed.

angry dog GIF

We also got an apron

See’s chocolates, yum !

Lego flower set…cool !

and my wife got me a bathrobe, I got her a rechargeable herb grinder; the animals made out like bandits…the kitten’s first Christmas, and he’s played himself out so many times !

GIF by Best Friends Animal Society

(actual Santa’s gift depicted!)

6 Likes

Santa brought this for my husband:

What are we in for? Twelve individual bags of bricks, and an instruction manual that looks like a manual for a real car. :open_mouth:

6 Likes

oh, I’m so jealous !

Jealousy GIF

2 Likes

Just some Lego, books, chocolate and dice. And oh yeah I got COVID.

To be fair, I tested positive last Tuesday. kiddo was positive the Thursday before and my wife the the next day. (on her birthday)

Kiddo was negative on Wednesday so my Parents took her to my sister’s to have a better time with them and her cousins.

Wife is negative now, and I should be clear tomorrow. We made the best of things and had a nice dinner. Kiddo will be home in another day and we’ll have a second mini Christmas as she still has a ton of gifts under the tree waiting for her.

Also got a few gift cards so waiting for the first when the Lego new releases are made available, for more “presents”.

3 Likes

Posted this elsewhere, but my wife got me this sweatshirt.

I am a lucky man, I know.

11 Likes

I got 3 books and a DVD set.

The Grand Tour: The Golden Age of Travel - a Taschen coffee table book that could function as a coffee table in its own right. About 20 lbs. worth of photos, art, travel posters, and text about European travel in the 19th and early 20th centuries.

The Phantom Atlas - a book about “phantom islands” and geographical discoveries that were either mistaken or wholly fictitious.

Arthur Rackham: Masterpieces of Art - both color and B&W art by the great fantasy illustrator.

The DVD is season 1-3 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power. Still faintly hoping that seasons 4 and 5 will show up at some point… I’m not sure who controls the physical media rights to the series.

More to come this weekend when my brother comes up from Virginia… the weather kept him from getting here at Christmas.

4 Likes

Dang… an 8-year-old would be satisfied with a haul like that.

6 Likes

I got a couple of boxes of Powdered Toastman! cereal.

7 Likes

Well, here’s my late Christmas present:
A currently unnamed brown rat puppet I bought on Etsy. The black scarf is a custom accessory I added for this guy.

8 Likes

Doggy Depp?

2 Likes

Nah, not a good idea for a rodent.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Where’s the “jealous” emoji?

2 Likes

Hm… how 'bout “Rizzie”? @TheTheCrawlingEye on Discord recommended me the name for the brown rat, as he might be named after Rizzo the Rat. Or maybe “Linz” after puppeteer Peter Linz?

2 Likes

Charlie Brown Halloween “I got a rock” GIF

6 Likes