What episode do you love, but everyone else hates?

Not an episode exactly, but I have kind of a thing for the Commando Cody shorts

12 Likes

I donā€™t mind Monster-a-go-go. I enjoy Beast of Yucca Flats quite a lot, itā€™s a favorite of mine.

Flag on the moon.
Howā€™d it get there?

12 Likes

I would watch Moon Zero Two unriffed. Actually I have!

It reminds me of the sci-fi films that would come on Saturday afternoon. My favorite memories of my dad are watching those movies together.

15 Likes

I imagine the television films/pilots-made-movies arenā€™t all that popular given how they are rarely featured in Turkey Day marathons, but I love them. San Francisco International is my all-time favorite, Codename Diamond Head is top 5, the Master Ninja films top 10, and Riding with Death top 30 (thatā€™s probably the one most will admit to liking the most). I would love more 70s/80s (perhaps even 90s) failed TV series episodes-stitched-together and failed-pilots-turned-tv movies featured in the future.

11 Likes

I enjoy Hobgoblins, but I do feel like itā€™s one of a handful of episodes that got a bit too mean toward the makers of the movie rather than taking on the movie itself. Like they didnā€™t take any shots directly at Hal Warren, but itā€™s ok to take them at Rick Sloane?

3 Likes

I think you may have misunderstood, I have watched it unriffed many times and actually prefer it that way

3 Likes

I quite like Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. I think itā€™s actually a neat idea for a movie, itā€™s just executed extremely poorly. The commentary by Mike and the bots is really good though, so Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s disliked by others. As mentioned by @Hollysdower, Kitten with a Whip is about the only episode we routinely skip. As mentioned by one of the bots, the main character is ā€œperfectly stupid.ā€

12 Likes

I knew thereā€™d be someone!

4 Likes

3 Likes

@deanadolphin, my wife sees Hamlet as one of the most underrated. I also like it quite a bit.

Crow T. Robot: ā€œYeah, kick his ass Ham!ā€

Also, ā€œStarchy, pork filled German Hamlet.ā€

8 Likes

Thatā€™s my kids favorite. She also enjoyed operation kid brother. Sheā€™s got a type, I think!

4 Likes

Exactly. The ā€˜puppetsā€™ are just so bad. Itā€™s amazing.

3 Likes

I wasnā€™t sure how to answer this question because Iā€™m not sure what everyone hates. So, I pulled up the Top 100 episodes as voted on by those of us that were on the last Kickstarter and I find that Track Of The Moon Beast didnā€™t make that cut.

So, Iā€™ll go with Track Of The Moon Beast.

(I also love The Incredible Melting Man which only managed to land at #87 on that list)

10 Likes

This is madness, Track of the Moon Beast is effinā€™ brilliant

13 Likes

Red Zone Cuba. Itā€™s just a mess, but I love it.

10 Likes

Another one for ā€˜Hamletā€™ here. Iā€™d never seen it, hadnā€™t got a copy and was probably put off by the bad press it got. Have now caught it on the Twitch stream a number of times and wherever I catch it from, I have to watch to the end.

Alas poor Hamlet, you are an underated episode.

9 Likes

For me I would say Invasion of the Neptune Men, which I saw well before Prince of Space. I thought that was hilarious from beginning to end and it has some of my favorite segments in it. Its actually one of my favorites to this day. I will say it was great when I finally saw Prince of Space because I had no idea what was going on in the segment where Krankor showed up.

11 Likes

I think the tide might be turning for Hamlet, over the years Iā€™ve seen fans slowly come around to it.

I canā€™t really think of one that people across the board hate. I probably rank Fire Maidens of Outer Space higher than many do (It didnā€™t make the Fan Poll Top 100, and was slotted #165 at Paste)

And yeah, maybe Track of the Moon Beast, which for me is one of my all time greats, but (as previously mentioned) was only 1 of 3 season 10 episodes that didnā€™t make the Fanā€™s poll, and at one blog I frequent, the writer gave it his lowest grade. Which shocked me, I thought it was more beloved than that.

4 Likes

Iā€™d seen a good number of experiments when I got to Hamlet. I knew its reputation and I also knew that - as always - it had its fans.

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a solid experiment and Mikeā€™s delivery of ā€œNice play, Shakespeareā€ slays me. I did seem to think it was aggressively drab (and I am mostly fine with black & white).

It seems to me that the reassessment of Hamlet that you note has gained momentum.

I was curious, so I checked where it ranked in the 2015 Kickstarter fan rankings and it came in at #74, right in between Devil Doll and Night Of The Blood Beast.

5 Likes

Huh! Iā€™m surprised to see that [0801] Revenge of the Creature didnā€™t make the top 100. Itā€™s a perfectly watchable movie on its own, solid riffing, welcome to the new SOL Bridge and new Crow, and Clint Eastwood in a lab coat. Itā€™s not in my personal top ten, but it does rather seem to be a slightly forgotten episode.

9 Likes