What episode do you love, but everyone else hates?

Perfect answer. Hamlet gets a lot of grief because the movie is so dry, but the riffs are solid.

6 Likes

Being From Another Planet
I love the glacial pace and general lack of action & interest, but it is what it is and, well, yeah!

9 Likes

Warrior of The Lost World is usually on my regular rotation. Not really sure how popular of a movie it is. Friends of mine arenā€™t big fans of The Paperchase Guy like I am I suppose.

6 Likes

ā€œFire Maidensā€ is one my underrated favorites too. Strong riffing despite the strange, shamelessly padded movie. And of course, Timmy.

ā€œCy Roth, shame on youā€¦ā€

8 Likes

i have it listed as my personal favorite :purple_heart:

Cā€™mon, nobody is THAT southern!

4 Likes

Exactly, me too. I love the whole space-western conceit, it knows what it is and doesnā€™t take itself seriously, thereā€™s some decent world building, and frankly that theme song is kickinā€™.

6 Likes

As a Master of English Litā€¦ Hamlet. Nice play Shakespeare!

8 Likes

Iā€™m seeing a theme here with Coleman Francisā€™ movies. My answer would be any of his three movies, but apparently not everyone else hates them! I can rewatch them endlessly.

I do too, itā€™s almost too good for the MST treatment: competently made, big name stars, a compelling story. I guess the same could be said for Space Travelers, but somehow that one feels a little more inviting to the riffs.

6 Likes

ā€œWhat episode do you love, but everyone else hates?ā€
This is a beautifully designed probably impossible unanswerable answerable question.

4 Likes

Hamlet

5 Likes

Atlantic Rim surprised me. Love a bad big robot knockoff movie. I know that people are split on it

5 Likes

Wait, big stars? Makes a note to watch Kitten With a Whip again

That is one where I cannot tell you anything about it even though Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve watched it at least 1/2 a dozen times

6 Likes

Hamlet. I canā€™t help it. Iā€™m an English Major.

7 Likes

Hobgoblins is one of my favorite episodes!

5 Likes

Hamlet! I was 12 when it first aired and Iā€™ve always loved it. To this day I literally cannot hear the song Night Fever without laughing.

8 Likes

I love Jack Frost, I impersonate Wanda from Alien from L.A. alot. I also love Attack of the Killer Bees! I never winch at the attacks they give.

7 Likes

Same! Itā€™s great if youā€™re a Shakespeare nerd because a lot of the riffsā€“the ones that arenā€™t about the specific production itselfā€“can be transposed to other, better productions. And even then, thereā€™s something I really love about a dreary set when itā€™s used a springboard for great riffing.

7 Likes

I donā€™t know about everyone else hating it, exactly, but Space Travelers isnā€™t really a much-talked-about episode.

Personally, I enjoy Space Travelers so much and think that it has a lot to offer.

8 Likes

The Day the Earth Froze

8 Likes

Red Zone Cuba is probably the one I like the most that many people strongly dislike. Itā€™s actually one of my favorite episodes, even though itā€™s cinematically the equivalent of being pummeled with a cinderblock.

Not sure where The Crawling Hand falls on the fan spectrum, but I dig that one too.

7 Likes