What nostalgic movie have you rewatched and it's lived up?

Deborah Foreman was ridiculously cute. But at the time, I barely noticed her.

But then, so did Nicolas Cage.
vall

2 Likes

Can’t forget her brief role in my profile pic.
real genius GIF

2 Likes

Where she utters the immortal line I can’t possibly post here.

1 Like

Blue Velvet

No, I never get tired of it.

The Color of Money

Always will watch.

Yeah, I know every single line, but I don’t care. It enhances my enjoyment, both those.

Bunch more, of course, but I’ll keep it small list.

1 Like

Six inches
Buffy The Vampire Slayer Coffee GIF by Pop TV

This nostalgia never gets old.

Waynes World Pizza GIF

4 Likes

Wow! I only vaguely remember watching this movie as a kid, but I had the coloring book for years.

3 Likes

I have watched ‘The Adventures of Robin Hood’ so many times I couldn’t possibly count.

Errol Flynn in Technicolor is the only Robin Hood I’ll ever need.

6 Likes

I’m so glad you mentioned Howard the Duck! I finally watched this a few years ago, and couldn’t get why it had such a terrible reputation. I mean, it wasn’t a cinematic masterpiece, but it was fun, and that’s really all I ask for in a superhero movie.

3 Likes

OMG, I was just thinking about Zorro the Gay Blade earlier today! (Because I was thinking about my favorite Dracula movies - you know, like you do - and remembered Love at First Bite.) I was wondering if it held up. It was on Netflix?

For me, the original Jurassic Park is still solid gold, and I watch it at least once a year. Labyrinth is another one that I watch often, and I have the soundtrack. I still love Clash of the Titans with Harry Hamlin. And the movie that scared me as a kid, the nominal sequel to the Wizard of Oz, titled Return to Oz. The scariest part for me is that in the first part of the movie, Dorothy’s aunt and uncle take her to a psychiatrist to try to cure her, and he’s going to use electricity and a clockwork machine with a smiley face. It’s so scary, even now!

1 Like

Watched it a couple of months ago. A fantastic film. 1952’s The Story of Robin Hood by Disney is really good too.

1 Like

river phoenix 80s GIF

2 Likes

I found this loony little thing on YT last Halloween. The Mouse really missed the boat (so to speak) on shortchanging us on more merchandise! The Story of BLACKBEARD'S GHOST - YouTube

1 Like

Gremlins 2. I assumed like Animaniacs its a well made thing that feels more like a remnant of it’s time (boy, you can carbon date some of those episodes to the second). Like, making fun of New York is evergreen but I feel like there’s a way it’s done in the 80s/early 90s that feels cliche and creating a Ted Turner/Donald Trump amalgam seemed destined to age WEIRD. But it’s still surprisingly good and idiosyncratic.

3 Likes

Saw this on a live feed of Showtime a month ago where I first saw it on it’s sister channel, TMC, years ago.

I Want To Dance Pulp Fiction GIF by MIRAMAX

1 Like

35 minutes into this on Showtime streaming. Saw it twice in theaters.

“Your lip bleeding?”

jamie lee curtis my girl movie GIF

2 Likes

Watched Airplane! again while slogging through tax preparation over the last weekend.

I get why a lot of people would avoid it now, but I still laughed. Johnny, you will forever hold a special place in my heart. :coffee:

5 Likes

Dance Driving GIF by Prime Video UK

3 Likes

You…people…what?

I swear it gets funnier every time I see it.

4 Likes

To quote an old comic book (kind of), “History is a mothercrabbin’ sledgehammer, and nobody gives a damn.” :older_woman:

3 Likes