What's Going On With Your Weather?

Another round of heavy rain…
Started around 5pm and still a heavy downpour 45 minutes later :open_mouth:
They just issued a Flash Flood Warning for my locale!

1 Like

Well the current temperature should be a comfortable 73 degrees except the Dew Point is around 70 and the Humidity is 96% so it feels like a tropical rain forest instead :face_exhaling:
Off and on rain is in the forecast throughout the day so I’ll just stay inside in the comfortable AC :sunglasses:

Now we’ve got a thunderstorm moving through… Pretty good downpours with this one as well and a Flash Flood Watch has been issued once again :open_mouth:

1 Like

Our old front that brought us heavy rains this past weekend is parking over the Gulf and could try and spin up a little tropical something… A lot depends on where an actual low tries to form. Any wiggles of the front north will bring heavier rains into coastal parts.
The rain will carry northeastward into the Carolinas starting tomorrow (Wednesday) through the weekend. Rain estimates around 2" currently but could be more or less depending on where the front meanders…

1 Like

91 today, then low to mid 80’s for the next week, very few clouds, low chance of rain. A rather mild July so far compared to the past four or five years.

1 Like

Today’s high is supposed to be 32°C that’s a pretty hot day anyway but after weeks of unseasonably wet weather it’s going to feel crazy hot today

1 Like

Starting Saturday, hot and humid every day and every night apparently forever.

Obviously these kinds of temperatures are but a mere trifle to many of you, but as a denizen of a temperate, windswept island this forecast strikes pure fear in my heart. Rumour is the temperature in That There London could get to 40, which is basically apocalyptic.

Rail companies are already issuing notices to the effect of ‘yeah, everything is going to break sorry’. I think we should just shut the country for a week.

3 Likes

We got 4.21" of rain between 2:30 am and 9 am. Good thing we live in sand country! Also very happy the power came back on at 6:30.

1 Like

Very, very humid. But temps in the 80’s for the next week is far better than the 90+ days we often get around now. It’s been the mildest summer in years. Now that there’s sun, my blueberries are finally ripening.

1 Like

And we got about 1.2" here, one county to the East.

1 Like

Dry and high 80s / low 90s for the last 7 days. Same tomorrow, then thunderstorms on Sunday. Can’t get here soon enough; this warm dry spell has allowed pollen and other allergens to build up and my sinuses, both lower and upper, can’t wait. They’re all tender and throbby, which makes my whole face hurt. I hate “concrete face.”

2 Likes

Still in California

screenshot of Weather Underground forecast showing highs of 73-77 degrees all week

(This is actually cooler than usual for us this time of year, but not freakishly so)

1 Like

Sorry, I think you’ve been sent my weather by mistake

EDIT: although they do seem to have forgotten to include the ‘wait, where did this f*cking thunderstorm come from’ upgrade. AGAIN.

2 Likes

Thunderstorm? What’s a thunderstorm? The only weather I know is constant, unrelenting direct sun.

3 Likes

That’s what we’ve been having here too, except for the occasional storm that blows through, drops enough rain in 10 minutes to float an Ark, and then the sun comes out again and it all evaporates before it can soak into the ground, and the humidity goes up to 150%.

1 Like

We’ll, they’re like this……

…… but substitute ‘water’ for ‘sun’. Most commonly experienced when the forecast says ‘15% chance of precipitation’ and you dress and plan your day accordingly.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Damn you, sir.

1 Like

Luxury.

2 Likes

Who else heard this in Graham Chapman’s voice when they read it?