What's Going On With Your Weather?

Yep yep. We’re just debuting our 3rd kit uniform and it’s traditionally all black, so we have a BlackOut night. I’m like, why couldn’t you debut these in April!?!?

I wonder how long it will take before our culture stops associating summer with fun and happiness?

Low 90s, high humidity, because it’s Florida in July, plus daily storms at 3-4pm.

Welp… Once again that never materialized…
Guess we’re gonna be relegated to horrid upper 90s with little/no chance of rain for a while :unamused:

Every time I see the forecast for the weekend it gets worse, 3 days ago Saturday was going to be the hottest at 96, now Saturday is going to be 97 and Sunday is going to be 99.

We are supposed to get a little cooler starting Tuesday.

My AC is here. Nearly killed myself wrestling it up the stairs. I have it set up in my bedroom and will see if it changes my life tonight.

Now, the power goes out.

It seems to be working OK. However, the exhaust hose immediately came apart when I attached it to the unit and tried to extend it to the window. Had to fix it with duct tape and will be requesting a replacement from the seller, of course.

The explanation from the NWS…

Why did today’s severe weather threat not materialize you ask?

This morning we had a Mesoscale Convective System (please see the definition on MCS below) track across the area which overworked the atmosphere. This MCS left behind debris cloud cover for much of the day limiting daytime heating, which in turn limited instability. Drier air was left behind following the MCS departure which further limited the severe weather threat. The atmosphere is very complex and any little change creates a ripple effect. If the MCS had not moved through the western Carolinas and northeast Georgia this morning, we likely would have seen strong to severe storms develop. It’s equally frustrating to us as meteorologists when a forecast does not go the way we expected.

A mesoscale convective system is defined by the NWS Glossary as “A complex of thunderstorms which becomes organized on a scale larger than the individual thunderstorms, and normally persists for several hours or more. MCS often is used to describe a cluster of thunderstorms that does not satisfy the size, shape, or duration criteria of an Mesoscale Convective Complex.”

A likely story :roll_eyes:
Sounds to me your state of the art weather forecast equipment might be in need of an upgrade… But what do I know :sunglasses:

Check out this crazy microburst video in Austria:

1 Like

The thermometer in the shady part of the greenhouse at work was reading 120°F. 20 minutes in there soaking everything for the weekend was a fun time.

Hope everything survives the weekend, forecast is for close to 100 both days.

Predicted storms today as usual turned into a big nothing burger.

I’m prepared to believe that it’s literally never going to rain again. Or even not be sunny.

I’m getting mighty tired of that Glaring Hell Ball. Is there some way we can put it out?

2 Likes

I know it’s F’ing hot out but DAYUM!! :hot_face:

We moved here eight years (and change) ago. We’re pretty sure today is the hottest day we’ve had since then.

Too hot to leave the house today, and will be tomorrow as well. Damn waste of a weekend.

Today’s high: 98! :hot_face:
My wife sleeps late and wanted to go Walmart so I told her I’ll go right when they open at 6am to get the list of stuff we needed… I was back home by 6:30am and It was 76!
Yeah I’m not going outside much at all today either.

2 Likes

There are reports that we will have water falling from the sky this week. That’s not something that happens, is it?

2 Likes

We actually had some rain fall last night which was not in the forecast so that was an unexpected surprise :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I am assuming that such an event should be treated as one would an eclipse - don’t look directly at it but use one of those box contraptions with a pinhole for viewing.

1 Like