What's Going On With Your Weather?

Did my first driveway shoveling of the season this afternoon. There wasn’t a ton, but enough that it wasn’t pointless doing it.

Plus, I was really out there to try to pull some snow off the solar panels, so I figured I should shovel the driveway as well.

1 Like

Meanwhile back in the Carolinas, something looks to be possibly brewing around Thanksgiving… :open_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah not a big storm but a good rain maker none the less…
Started raining Thanksgiving evening and still raining overnight. The rain looks to continue most of Black Friday and I get to work at the post office during most of it… yay :confounded:

1 Like

Made an early morning trip to Walmart and we’re getting more rain. Been steady overnight then a heavier batch that will be moving through later this morning before ending by around noon.
This is typical Fall/Winter weather for the southeast… cold dreary & rainy but on a plus side I would have to say our drought here is over. :+1:

2 Likes

It’s snowing today, so I’m going to make some soup in the slow cooker. I’m also trying to think of a good MST/RT movie to go with the mood. One movie I know for sure I’m not watching is Jack Frost, because there’s no snow in that one whatsoever.

1 Like

33F this morning, 62F by 4pm, thunderstorms around 5-6pm, and overnight low of 29F.

Yep, we’re officially in “Roller Coaster” season.

2 Likes

The cold front currently producing severe storms and tornadoes in MS & AL will bring rain and perhaps a few thunderstorms to the Carolinas Wednesday morning. Fortunately, the severe threat for us is low (Marginal).

1 Like

While we had a bit of a flurry, this Saturday will be a nice 57 degrees… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Lots of rain early this morning and more intense downpours will be arriving shortly :open_mouth: then the winds will start to whip up and the temperatures will plummet to 30 degrees overnight :cold_face:

1 Like

We are awaiting heavy rain, 30 mph winds and temperatures dropping from 50 to the 20’s with snow showers overnight.

I’m ready for a little Christmas weather, myself.

1 Like

I’ve been told to expect gusts to 60mph in the next few hours. Maybe I’ll go stand outside and intercept some free Christmas decorations.

3 Likes

Hah, today (intermittent storms and gusts 50-55mph) is pretty much why I didn’t decorate outdoors this past weekend like I usually do. That and it was raining 2 of the 4 days.

Nothing like putting up all the holiday decor, then having to take half of them down before they do a Dorothy and disappear!

1 Like

Expecting about half an inch of rain. It’s been heavy at times this morning. I guess we’ll see if that money spent on the new roof was worth it.

1 Like

In other weather news; 2022 Hurricane season is officially over after today.
Now back to our regularly scheduled weather posts from around the MST3K world :sunglasses:

2 Likes

As a Florida resident, this news couldn’t come soon enough.

2 Likes

Just this today . No big deal.

1 Like

More cold dreary @$$ rain.
Started yesterday afternoon, been raining overnight and should end before lunchtime today. High might make it into the mid 50s but highs near 70 are possible Wednesday and Thursday :open_mouth:

1 Like

Cool, misty, and drizzly. Going to be this way for the rest of the week, supposedly. It’s spooky enough out there that driving by a demolition site this morning, it looked like a scene right out of a post-apocalyptic Philip K. Dick special.

1 Like

It’s become a predictable pattern here the last few years: a cold November with some snow, and then a warm rainy December with the real snow beginning in January.

1 Like

The Wedge, or CAD (Cold Air Daming) on the back side of the Appalachian Mountains is holding strong today…

Current temperature at my place: 49F with Fog :cold_face:

1 Like