What's Going On With Your Weather?

Um, we just got stuck under a Severe Thunderstorm Warning. We have a rogue thunder cell beelining for us. We’ve got about 10 minutes before it’s right on top of us.

And dangit, I just finished putting the outdoor decor up!

1 Like

Rogue Thundercell was a cousin of Dirk Hardpec, I believe.

2 Likes

It’s 61F at 3am here with thick Fog and the high will be near 70 :open_mouth:
I had to turn my heat off yesterday afternoon and may not need to turn it on at all today.

1 Like

A cold front is gradually moving through now and it should start to feel less like early October in the next couple of days. They are predicting snow on Sunday, which would be nice because I’m going to the local “Christmas tree forest” that day, a tradition since childhood. But the forecast has already gone from 1-3 inches to “about an inch” so I expect this will fizzle as usual.

1 Like

There’s been a lot of dense fog in the area recently.

A week ago, a race was postponed until this Saturday due to the fog being so thick, spotters couldn’t see the cars…

Edit: this was after a long rain delay for the race before

1 Like

Looks like the cold temperatures are returning next week and will be here to stay for a while. I’ll need to prepare for bringing the plants back inside for the foreseeable future. It was nice having dreary rainy days in the 60s :expressionless:

2 Likes

Pouring rain! hooray

It rained once or twice in November but this seems like our first real, heavy storm of the season. There’s also a gale warning until 3pm, so I won’t be boating today. Also I do not own a boat.

2 Likes

Today marks the first sunny skies with no fog since Dec 2nd and the cold temperatures return. Low temperatures in the upper 20s to low 30s for the rest of the year.
The extended forecast shows a chance of frozen precipitation :snowflake: :snowman_with_snow: around Christmas :open_mouth: which is basically unheard of in the Carolinas except in the mountains so we’ll see.

1 Like

Cold front approaching the Carolinas will bring widespread rain starting this afternoon and lasting into Thursday with 1.5-2" of rain expected and Cold temperatures in the low 40s :cold_face:

1 Like

We’re under Winter Storm Diaz right now. It’s currently raining and windy. Tonight, we could get anywhere from 2" to 12" of snow. Or it could stay rain. It’s a mystery.

1 Like

Everywhere in the country is getting a winter storm. We’re getting misty rain and 50 degrees in Western Indiana.

1 Like

5-10 inches incoming, Thursday into Friday. And I have Friday off this week. :roll_eyes:

Looks like I’ll spend the day shoveling out my parents’ house and then bidding farewell to season 13 in the evening.

3 Likes

Oh my… :flushed:

1 Like

48 deg and pouring rain. All day. Misty and dark. Enough to be a gloomy pain that I have to go out in today instead of snuggling in at home and watching holiday specials.

Meh.

2 Likes

We had actual snow on Sunday. Snow, in the middle of the UK, before Christmas. That doesn’t happen much. Less than half an inch once settled, but us Brits being Brits, everyone has had to change their travel plans/stock up on enough supplies to cope with an apocalypse/batten down the hatches and wistfully think back to the killer 40°C heatwave of the summer.

2 Likes

That can’t be right… there’s been snow in every adaptation of A Christmas Carol I’ve ever seen.

3 Likes

Almost everywhere.

Here, it’s still California, where we do not have weather.

Edit: seriously California, you call this weather?

5 Likes

We got 5" of heavy, wet snow. The kids will be pleased. Mr. wyswysia, who is going out to snowblow, not so much.

1 Like

Still autumn weather here. No snow, some misty rain and 35-40 degrees. How did the winter storm just jump over us?

Edit: See?

3 Likes

Aaaaaaaaaaand here comes the winter storm…

4 Likes