What's Going On With Your Weather?

6-13 inches predicted now. Hasn’t started yet, but everybody’s talking about going home at noon to WFH the rest of the day and maybe tomorrow. I have tomorrow off and WFH involves me lugging an iMac all the way home and back, so I’m just going to stay here as long as I can.

5 Likes

Oof… you take care out there, then.

5 Likes

We just got rain for 8 hours straight; it’s already cleared out. And now we might get another snowstorm late next week, just in time to possibly screw up my housemate’s trip home for XMas.

It just needs to hold off until 10am Thursday, both here and Chicago (because of COURSE she’s getting routed through Chicago!).

And then we get plunged into a deep freeze with possible wind chills down to -25F.

2 Likes

The radar map and weather.com say it’s snowing like hell here right now, but I don’t see a single flake outside my window. Hm. Glitch in the matrix?

1 Like

Don’t think we got the freezing rain they were predicting here this morning, just a little sleet that only built up on the car, it has already switched to rain and that has melted the sleet.

1 Like

In the soon-to-be-my-weather category: Minnesota! How do you think two soft, pampered Californians are going to do over Christmas in Minnesota?

weather forecast showing highs of -3, -1, and 2 degrees Farenheit

2 Likes

Very little snow so far… seems to be mostly sleet, though the radar map has us in the middle of a big blue blob of snow. I’ll be surprised if we get an inch out of this.

2 Likes

Just avoid going outside and you’ll be fine. That’s my plan.
:cold_face:

4 Likes

It’s just big ol’ chunky flakes at this point instead of the finer stuff, so it looks like there isn’t a full-fledged winter disaster heading our way.

[sinks in chair out of relief]

2 Likes

You know, I used to LOVE snow and snowstorms - a tiny part of me still does - but most of that love went away when it stopped getting me out of things and just became something I had to deal with. Instead of bundling up at home with warm beverages and blankets, it’s out into the mess to clean off cars, shovel paths, get soaked/chilled to the skin, and inch out onto hazardous roads and even more hazardous drivers. To say nothing of delays, closures, and cancellations that throw everything into an uproar.

I miss loving snow.

1 Like

My temporary weather isn’t too shabby—not sure how things are back in the 704.

4 Likes

And now the snow’s coming down much finer and in greater volume and I should probably just shut up now

2 Likes

We got close to 6 inches here. Took me about 90 minutes to shovel.

I was also surprised there wasn’t a layer of ice under the snow since it was raining most of yesterday.

2 Likes

Still 10 days out but Christmas Eve forecast is showing a High of 31 and a low of 16 with a chance of SNOW that evening into Christmas Day :snowflake:
This has happened maybe a hand full of times in the mid-Carolinas since records started back in 1886 so we’ll see if it actually happens :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Let it Snow :snowflake:

3 Likes

Round 2 of snow underway now.

The NWS claims we’ve had 12 inches. I see maybe 3 or 4 outside my window. But our weather station is at an airport at one of the highest elevations in the county, for some reason, so our official snowfall totals are often higher than what we get in the valley.

2 Likes

It rained like hell all through the night to the morning, which means… no snow to shovel or bring down the power/internet, WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

2 Likes

Rained pretty heavy all night here as well, 2.3 inches in the last 24 hours.

2 Likes

the Xmas forecast for Minnesota’s actually ticked up a couple of degrees! Better pack my swimsuit

My only real concern is that we’re staying in a hotel several blocks from my mother-in-law’s house, and I hope the car will start when it’s time to go over there… it’s been a LONG time since I lived back east so I don’t know how cold it has to be to disable a car.

3 Likes

Might be a good time to invest in a battery booster…

1 Like