What's Going On With Your Weather?

Front coming through a day early. Promise of some real rain instead of these five-minute, get the sidewalk kinda damp things. Of course, being Colorado, that also means a good chance for hail and tornados. And I’m supposed to be meeting friends for lunch today.

2 Likes

I guess summer weather arrives a bit early this year.

1 Like

Currently 52F and misting (or trying to be fog, it hasn’t made up its mind)

We’re supposed to get to 68 today. I don’t think we’re gonna make it.

1 Like

Tangentially related to weather, I wish more people put their location (at least state) in their profiles. Some of y’all I remember, but mostly what I get on this thread is “there’s going to be weather… somewhere”

1 Like

Well I’m smack dab in the center of the Carolinas :grin:

1 Like

Ironically you’re one of the people whose state I remember :smiley:

2 Likes

And I’m just up the road from him. Aquarius is over yonder.

1 Like

All hail the Carolina Peeps! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

Huckleberry-Hound

2 Likes

What? You don’t want to know the weather in the Pegasus galaxy? Fine. I try to broaden your horizons, but noooo, you want the mundane Milky Way weather instead. :grin:

I do try to remember to stick in Denver or Colorado every few posts, will attempt to be more consistent.

2 Likes

Also ironically you’re one of the others I know :joy:

1 Like

I’m from Central Iowa.

If you’re curious: It was a pleasant 80F today. It might rain tomorrow, however.

3 Likes

80 is too hot for May IMHO. But we won’t be that far behind you soon

2 Likes

Currently 47F with 90% humidity and raining here in Denver.

It’s been showering off and on since about 11pm yesterday. According to my weather station, we are closing in on an inch and a half of rain in the last 24 hours

Highs for the next week won’t get out of the 60s.

1 Like

It is ten pm here and my weather station has recorded 2.07 inches of rain since midnight, and a total of 2.8 inches if you include the rain that started yesterday.

Forecast is for the steady rain to continue at least through tomorrow. And then another chance for more rain from a different system over the weekend. Denver usually gets a total of ~18-19 inches of rain in a year. Too bad we can’t save some of this for later. Hopefully, it will help keep the fire danger lower this summer. (though of course, the burn scars are pretty much mudslides at the moment)

1 Like

It’s unexpected days like today that me appreciate how beautiful Scotland is. Sunny and warm without being too over the top in terms of heat (16c).

2 Likes

Rain update:

Ended yesterday with a total of 2.34 inches of rain.

Since midnight we’ve had another 0.84 inches.

A total of 3.94 inches so far over the last three days.

The temp has been a pretty steady 46-48F degrees since all of this started.

1 Like

Been dry here in the Carolinas lately.
This could spell a hot dry summer ahead :hot_face:

1 Like

83 degrees today.

1 Like

The Ohio River Valley is currently at 82deg, heavy clouds, spitting rain, thunderstorms predicted overnight, and so humid that I started sweating just bringing up the groceries.

Typical.

1 Like