What's YOUR Problem? A Thread for Griping Part 2 (Part 1)

Why would you gripe if you’re not crabby?

5 Likes

If I gripe, I have to gripe in an insufferably exuberant way.

I tried being crabby once. I threw my back out and dropped a Return of the Jedi Burger King glass. I can’t do that again.

5 Likes

A gripe: I took a look at the clock on my microwave, which displayed the time as 10:41, but I thought it was telling me that the temperature was 104.1 degrees and holy hell I am very very tired, folks.

3 Likes

Time to quit jumping on the couch, put on your PJs, and get ready for bed. :yawning_face:

5 Likes

NOTHING IS OVER i may have another hour or so left in the tank despite being deliriously exhausted

2 Likes

I’m only griping because I need to post something so I’m a participant (and that troubles me!).

But…
If I Could Turn Back Time GIFs | Tenor

Sometimes, I wish I could either do that or just stop time for a bit. When I’m sitting here listening to nice soothing music, I want to stop time and be able to bask in it for a while.

…and I can’t. Dagnabit.

(Oh, and Cher’s hair is absolutely glorious.)

5 Likes

Remember that SWAT raid I was griping about? Well, these are the two they pulled out of the house behind ours!

My gripe is related to a gift I received, and not at all that I received said gift, as it was quite thoughtful.

Anyway, the gift was a “waterproof” case large enough to hold a cellphone and several other items, but it wasn’t even remotely waterproof. The rubber strip that was serving as a gasket did not even make a complete circuit of the case, the clasp was prone to wear out, and there was no place to attach a d-ring, or even run a cord through.

Fortunately, I don’t have to pretend that I will use it, even though I do a good bit of canoeing and kayaking. My granddaughter removed it from my possession immediately, and I was hopeless to stop her. I do have a far better waterproof case of the same size that I actually keep my cellphone in while on the river, and I keep that inside a good dry bag for extra protection.

But hey, I needed to christen the new thread with a gripe, so there you go.

5 Likes

My favorite aunt died over a year ago and for some reason I thought I wanted to see her house again on Google Street View. Just outside of Minneapolis you can still see her smoking a True in the garage. Crazy

3 Likes

Aw, I missed the changing of the threads.

Anyway, nice new thread you’ve got here. It’d be a shame if something happened to it.

8 Likes

A pair of pipe gripping pliers with serrated jaws

What, why are y’all looking at me like that. This is the new grip thread, right?

8 Likes

My gripe is that my brain autocompleted this GIF using the Judy Rodman song “Girls Ride Horses Too.”

4 Likes

My bruvva’s clumsy, Colonel.

5 Likes

Eeeewww, we’re afraid to jump with you Bluto, we might get in trouble!

4 Likes

Apparently, my body decided to join in the digestive system distress that my mini-me had on Sunday night. I didn’t sleep well as a result, unsurprisingly.

I’m currently thankful that I can remain curled up in my desk chair at home during this morning’s meetings and no one can see me. :dotted_line_face:

4 Likes

People are trickling back into my work-o-sphere after their long-@ss breaks around the 4th. I have a deadline next week and no time to “catch them up.” I expect my Slack client to mysteriously stop working maybe today.

6 Likes

Yep, my body is telling me I over did it swapping out my 2 big refrigerators yesterday… Aches and pains in my arms, shoulders, neck, back, legs, ankles, feet, etc.
I have a grocery list of pain today and it hurts to move or walk :weary: Luckily I don’t think I did any severe damage to myself, just need to rest.

6 Likes

I hate the voice of the new Griping Thread.

10 Likes

I’m very upset about all of these AOL subscribers on usenet.

2 Likes

Amazon charged my credit card instead of using my son’s gift card balance on a large purchase yesterday. Grrr!

2 Likes