What's YOUR Problem? A Thread for Griping Part 3

My gripe is that too many baristas think I want iced coffee.

5 Likes

I would’ve said Endless Coffee, but I can’t stand that terrible song that went with the movie. (I’ve never seen the movie, so maybe it’s not terrible. I don’t know.)

1 Like

10 Likes

They call me Russ Tile Floor

3 Likes

3 Likes

Although on occasion…

3 Likes

There are some who call me, Tim?

8 Likes

Well, they call me Mr. KNOWITALL :drum:

2 Likes

However, in no language, in any culture, do they call the wind “Maria”.

5 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

It was 1.5k lol

Jimbo got it wrong. Hes a pretty smart guy. Check him out then get back to me.

I guess thats why they call it the blues

The wind cries Maria

1 Like

How do you solve a problem like Maria?

2 Likes

Maria? I just met a girl called Maria!

4 Likes

Damn it, now it’s going to bother me which MST3K episode it was where they did a riff on that song except with a name of a character in the movie.

2 Likes

Was it “The Day the Earth Froze“?

1 Like

About who? Anniki?

https://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/95/The_Giant_Spider_Invasion

[Sung.] Away out here they’ve got a name/For stinky hairy white guys.
A paraphrase of the song “They Call the Wind Maria” from the musical Paint Your Wagon . Actual lyrics: “Away out here they’ve got a name/For rain and wind and fire/The rain is Tess, the fire’s Jo/They call the wind Maria.” Amusingly, the hairy white guy in question, Robert Easton, actually had a small part in Paint Your Wagon , as Atwell. (Thanks to Megan Brannon for the tidbit about Easton.)

https://www.annotatedmst.com/episodes/54/Teenagers_From_Outer_Space

Yeah, and they call the wind Maria.
A reference to the song “They Call the Wind Maria” from the 1951 musical Paint Your Wagon . Sample lyrics: “Away out here they’ve got a name/For rain and wind and fire/The rain is Tess, the fire’s Jo/They call the wind Maria.”

1 Like

I remember Mad magazine’s parody of “Mariah” for their The Towering Inferno musical in which it became, :notes: “On fire, on fire, the building is on fire…” :notes:

1 Like