Who's your favorite Vampire?

Sidney Applebaum

1 Like

not just a vampire…

In a what if, he became the LORD of the Vampires

1 Like

Where’s the love for Varney?

5 Likes

It’s a darn shame we never got Ernest Versus Dracula.

3 Likes

Rocket car.

Oh, wrong thread.

Vampira! Aka Maila Syrjäniemi aka Maila Nurmi. Raised in Astoria, Oregon, aka home of the Goonies.

Of course! Her autobiography suggests she considered herself a bit of a vampirish ghoul IRL. She might have been kidding, though.

4 Likes

You’re a wee little puppet man!

1 Like

“I do not have puppet cancer!”

2 Likes

9 Likes
1 Like

Vampire's Twist: A Look Back at Shadow of the Vampire | Far Flungers |  Roger Ebert

Willam Dafoe as Max Shreck as Nosferatu
(Shadow of the Vampire)

5 Likes

Here’s a new opportunity to watch this classic –

4 Likes

Does anyone remember when Eddie Murphy played a vampire? I doubt even he remembers.

3 Likes

Count Floyd!

7 Likes

Dang it, I meant to comment this one but got distracted by commenting

2 Likes

Skinny jeans, emaciated frame, and precious, twee spectacles.

How can it be the vampire of today?

It just is! Throw two bucks on the ground and walk away.

1 Like

Don Rickles in Innocent Blood.
Rest In Peace: Don Rickles; Beloved Comedian Has Passed Away at 90

I vaant to suck your bloood… ya hockey puck!

2 Likes
3 Likes

I watched it - had myself a Blacula double feature - though I’d seen the first before, that was way back in the 70s. The second was new to me.

Blacula -as a movie- was a little too rough around the edges, but Scream Blacula Scream was a goodie, and William Marshall had one of filmdoms greatest voices, plus, he was very cool (and a good actor)

Also, Pam Grier, so, come on. It can’t help but be a winner.

2 Likes

If I’m picking a vampire from Innocent Blood, I think I’m going with Anne Parillaud…

3 Likes

Hmm, I’ve only seen her as the recruited assassin with a man’s name. (Good film.)

I’ve avoided the female vampire category, maybe because of many filmmakers’ nakedness vs power thing (e.g. Lifeforce :scream_cat:). Sidestepping that, I’ll choose La Diosa, “Santánica Pandemonium”. From the Rodriguez series (though I suppose you could include the Rodriguez/Tarantino film as well).

P.S. FYI: Season 4 of What We Do in the Shadows starts in only 5 days! (July 12).

2 Likes