Your Favorite Funny

Garfield, Monty Python, Seinfeld. The answer to your blues. Cracking you up every time. Soup Nazi, The Spanish Inquisition, Lasagna. What makes you laugh like no other?

3 Likes

Well there’s this show mystery science show forever or something

It’s pretty good

4 Likes

Yeah I know. Me too! Notice the picture I used? My attempt was to dig into what other common links we had as a group. MST is a big gimme. What other phenomenons have we a hankering for beside it? That’s the question.

1 Like

Looney Tunes. I grew up watching them and I can sing Rabbit of Seville right along with Bugs. And even without words, I can remember the order of events. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

For old school sitcoms…
The Jeffersons Dancing GIF

2 Likes

In no particular order, and other than MST3K, Rifftrax, and other related projects:

The Office, The IT Crowd, Seinfeld, Night Court (old), Tom and Jerry, Loony Tunes, we would usually watch the nightly roundup of comedy talk show monlogues, as well. Kimmel’s old timey pandemic new shorts would really get me laughing. Someone remind me of more!

3 Likes

Weird Al and They Might Be Giants are always good for a smile. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

BBC Radio 4 and British TV panel games. Especially Taskmaster, The Unbelievable Truth and Would I Lie To You?

There was a new one on the radio this year hosted by the blind comedian Chris McCausland where the comedians had to make guesses about things based on sound alone. I laughed so hard.

3 Likes

Look Around You. If you haven’t seen it, it’s a British parody of vintage educational programming that feels like the next level of the kind of parody humour Airplane began.

Also, classic Simpsons still holds up. Rewatching the series, Marge Be Not Proud is the best episode. It has a powerful emotional core yet has some of the wildest, funniest gags of the season, even as you squirm and feel heartbreak for Bart.

Now here’s a deep cut; Tiny Fuppets, a VERY occasional webseries. The person created the short-lived comedy Moonbeam City but this is him at his most brilliant, a weird meta-comedy that’s a parody of Muppet Babies, knock-offs, weird translations and branding gimmicks.

2 Likes

Look Around You is amazing. Well, series 1. Series 2 was a bit disappointing. But every moment of seres 1 is genius.

2 Likes

The State GIF by Paramount+
I wanna dip my balls in it!

2 Likes