1203. Lords of the Deep (1989)

Jonah’s voice for that guy the whole episode is perfect.

“Claire?”
“It’s me, your lover.”

3 Likes

Your Urethra and You 2: Dark Territory

2 Likes

It’s Just A Show 54. [MST3K 1203. Lords of the Deep]

2 Likes

Regarding the film itself, was it ever explained what happened to the

villain played by Bradford Dillman,

or was it edited out of the MST3K version?

2 Likes

We aren’t fully sure. I assumed he died there. The earthquakes and the damage to the facility and him being alone with no computer system makes his survival odds not that promising.

1 Like

After re-watching this I’m thinking of selling all my MARTEL stock. Whew! Tough call

1 Like

I’m another fan who enjoyed the Doctor’s debut and hopes we’ll see her return. I feel like she probably has several clones in reserve on a shipboard H.Q. somewhere, given how dangerous her line of work is. Much like Dr. Sorensen in the Heartbreakers comics series.

Aside from that, not much sticks out for me in this episode. It’s middling, neither tough to watch nor spectacularly memorable. What stays foremost in my mind from the movie itself are the uniforms, which look like a late Eighties downtown coffee bar tried to sell souvenir pajamas in its flagship colors. And Barnes’ performance, which has a lot of odd, uncertain-looking moments. As if the script or director tried to give her instructions on what expressions to convey, but those directions were themselves underwater and didn’t come through clearly. Oh, and I guess we can be glad that at least the poor captain/pilot whose only role was to be sacrificed five minutes into the setup wasn’t also forced to enthuse about Dixieland Jazz.

3 Likes

My neurons have realigned apples, peaches, and pumpkin pie to be slightly nearer to each other.

5 Likes

Well, my thoughts on this episode can be boiled down to one of the best riffs in MST history: “I’m sending it to Daddy tomorrow”. EFF-ING BRILL-YINT! One of my all time favorites episodes from Season 12, aside from all the other episodes from Season 12! Atlantic Rim: “and our heros, folks”, Ator: “Kermit the Knight here!”, Mac & Me: “i’ll swallow your soul!” / “Doug Jones in the house!” / “pretty nice!”, The Day Time Ended: “That stupid dutchboy haircut”, and of course Killer Fish: “This is back when he was just the five thousand dollar man. the savings!”.

4 Likes

This went up recently.

1 Like