1302. Robot Wars - Your Thoughts?

I’m seeing it on Gizmoplex.com—does this link work? (Requires a 12-month pass to access, it appears.)

2 Likes

I forgot to pay attention to that during the public premiere. Either that or it looked so good I thought nothing of it. :smiley:

1 Like

It re-appeared thanks for link though.

2 Likes

Oh I know… I kept rewinding the stinger just to see her punch him over and over. So satisfying.

6 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, 1301 was good, but did anyone else feel like 1302 was significantly stronger?
And if so, why do you think that is?

7 Likes

hypnoheliostaticstasis?

7 Likes

You might be on to something.

2 Likes

Hmmm… I’m not sure about “significantly” stronger, but I thought Robot Wars was a funnier and all-around stronger episode than Santo in the Treasure of Dracula.

And I say that as someone who adored the Santo in the Treasure of Dracula episode.

As for why? I dunno, it all just FELT like they were in a more natural, confident, and self-assured groove. The timing, delivery, and content of the riffs were just on fire all the way around. The host segments were a great deal of fun as well.

Also, welcome to the forums, @PotatoKing!

7 Likes

The real question is:
Is Rooney the new Macleod?
Everytime they said it, I flashed back to that old running gag.

5 Likes

Could also be considered the new Rowsdower or the new Cabot.
(Sheesh did I spell either of those right?)

3 Likes

And it probably helped that the movie felt loudly, unapologetically, and entertainingly dumb. It was dumb with HEART.

Prime riffing fodder in the same vein as the Space Mutiny / Time Chasers / Overdrawn at the Memory Bank one-two-three combo that closed out Season 8.

7 Likes

The spelling looks okay from this end!

2 Likes

“Pardon my French, but you’re an…”
Conor Mckenna Insult GIF by FoilArmsandHog

2 Likes

Season 8 is full of winners indeed.

6 Likes

Definitely.

One of the series’s strongest seasons, if not THE strongest season.

6 Likes

Bah! It was all the Hinder-90!

3 Likes

I think it’s just the movie that made it better. Santo was good, but it seemed like it really should have been a 30-45 minute movie. Trying to get quality Riff’s in when nothing is happening can’t be easy.

4 Likes

3 Likes

It’s a tough call, but I would lean slightly towards 1302 as the better episode. 1301 is very funny, no doubt, but Santo is already pretty fun on its own. It’s a gentle push. Robot Wars tries to take itself just that much more seriously. It’s more of a challenge, but the results are hilarious!

Everyone in the host segments felt noticeably more comfortable too. 1301 has the thrill of a premiere, 1302 felt more settled-in. But they’re all good and excited for more!

2 Likes

None of you have seen 1307 yet, but man-o-man have they settled. I mean, like, you know how a box of cereal seems like it’s missing something until you shake it? Or like how it’s hard to get out of a bean bag chair. Or, like an old house that doesn’t creek any more? You oughta see it. The host (no spoilers) has just, well, you’ll see. Let’s just say that Blue Byte software almost released a special edition.

4 Likes