306 Time of the Apes (1991)

I think my favorite is when one of the apes goes to shake Godo’s hand, and the riff is, “Oops, sorry; that’s my throwin’ hand.”

2 Likes

Might wanna be more careful from now on. MST3K in considered “adult puppetry”.

3 Likes

:ear: ~ ~ ~

2 Likes

I understand you, I just don’t agree. Watching the episodes, Mike does not come off as more malicious in his movie snark anymore than Joel comes off as the ever sweet guy stumbling around in wonderment some seem to view him as.

2 Likes

I would disagree with a movie like The Bubble. That movie deserves anything and everything it gets. It honestly makes me a little mad that such a stupid “protagonist” was allowed to exist and stumble fecklessly through 2 hours of such idiocy.

But Time of the Apes of course is early MST gold. Tons of great riffs on a Sandy Frank compilation “movie” culled from the grimy film and whipsaw, borderline incomprehensible baffling-ness of icky 1970s sensibilities. It’s a solid episode and always worth a watch no matter how much Johnny doesn’t care.

3 Likes

For some reason, my mom finds this movie very dark to watch, even if the host segments are hilarious, such as playing ball in the satellite.
Even thought she also clearly hates the Sidehackers for being very dark with rape and murder, and just hates biker movies in general.

3 Likes

To be fair though, I’ve seen comments and heard stories of how people discovered this show when they were little kids, it could the puppetry and how this show is meant for families to enjoy. And I was one of them, Back when I came from elemntary school one day, I saw my mom watching the opening segment of the Beatniks and the “Gypsy Crushes Joel” part made me in hysterics, laughing so hard.

3 Likes

Saru No Gundan Full w English subtitles.

2 Likes

Strangely, I’m in no hurry to watch.

2 Likes

C’mon. It’s just one 11 hour long video with no bookmarks. Easiest type of YT vid to watch.

5 Likes

I love Planet of the Apes (my daughter’s middle name is because of Linda Harrison’s character, don’t tell my wife), but 11 hours of people who are in no way apes except they wear ape masks is a little much.

2 Likes

I’ll probably watch a little, just to hear the voices the way they were supposed to sound.

1 Like