421. Monster a Go-Go (1965)

I haven’t watched the episode all the way through, I’ve always fallen asleep. I sorta owe it to myself to watch one of the most potent examples of DEEP HURTING there is…if I can survive!

The second host segment (first with the Mads) is one of my favorites. The toy competition is so good, and the Mads are so evil.

Everyone’s pained reaction to CIRCUSON ICE?! is priceless and worth the price of admission.

Now, if only I could stay awake for all 90ish minutes and make a fair assessment…:sweat_smile:

(The fact Circus on Ice is about an ice skating club in TORONTO instantly makes it one of my favorite shorts, no matter how painful. Their riffs, from what I remembered, are absolutely on-point regardless.)

6 Likes

Joel’s “Geez, even my Mom would be bored by this!” says it all.

1 Like

I like to call it “Monster-A-Go-Away.”

4 Likes

Technically, the monster does go away.

5 Likes

Or it was never here.

Schroedinger’s Garage Sale (A Go-Go).

Watching this one again right now. :partying_face: (Also building an action figure of Jazz genius Tia Fuller. But that’s just coincidence, I’m sure. :wink: )

4 Likes

Or was it ever there? Or a figment of the characters, filmmakers, or audiences’ imaginations? The rabbit hole is so deep no one knows for sure. It was almost like a song on the radio. You felt there was something there and people danced to it and then it went away.

7 Likes

I predict that 2024 will be The Year Of The Action Torso.

3 Likes

Well, in that case I’ve got work to do, because after the last couple of weeks I’ve definitely got a non-action torso!

2 Likes

[wriggles foot into orthopedic shoe]

Yeah, right now I’ve got one Action Big Toe, and that’s about it. [sigh]

1 Like

For me, it will likely be more like Cathy trying on a bathing suit:

“ACK! Shun torso!”

2 Likes

I was thinking about this movie last night while watching another movie with an out of left field ending- Goodbye, Charlie starring Tony Curtis and Debbie Reynolds. I’d say that one angered me more, because with MAGG, it was made on the cheap by incompetent people. Goodbye, Charlie was directed by Vincente Minelli!

2 Likes