904. Werewolf (1996)

I went to college in Flagstaff, so this movie is dear to my heart.
Not that I recognize a single thing in the movie, except train tracks. There were/ are train tracks right through the middle of town.
Oh yeah, and when there was a full moon, it lasted like three weeks !

10 Likes

I consider it a good episode. Above average but I don’t think it’d make my Top Ten. By far my favorite jokes involve Yuri’s ever-changing hairstyles.

7 Likes

(In no particular order…)
This idiot’s on his fourth hairstyle since the movie started!
Let’s go with orange Jerry curls.
His hair is completely different.
I’ve gone to my darker, shorter hairstyle.
Now, he’s got Brian Ferry hair!
That’s just his secret hair-dyeing place.
He was trying to get in one last hair coloring before he died.

6 Likes

Yeah, Yuri’s actions I’ve also tried to decipher over the years.

The guy’s “loose cannon” personality makes me wonder why they keep him around, unless he’s someone who is instrumental in getting them dig funds.

Sometimes I wish he would have had a death more in line with that one abusive Father figurein the Rifftrax alien film, when the wife just hits him with a stick and his body flies off a cliff at ridiculous speed.

9 Likes

Sadly, this is probably true. I’ve known of far too many extremely toxic people who should have been terminated, and in some cases prosecuted, who are kept around because they’re good at getting project funding. That’s one of the dark sides of academia that the powers that be routinely ignore. Yuri fits right in.

6 Likes

He drives a Mercedes, so he’s not hurting.

4 Likes

I love this episode, but I admit I have a hard time with a certain scene regarding a word that should have been bleeped in a line about Count Dracula.

6 Likes

I think it has been now, at least on some streams.

8 Likes

I know the fan base tends to like this episode … but it just doesn’t do anything for me. The movie is duller than a ten cent butter knife and the riffing to me comes off as somewhat humdrum. The riffing is “okay” … but just isn’t memorable for me. I give this episode a 4 out of 10, and that’s being a little bit generous. Except for the female lead’s bizarre accent there really isn’t anything about this movie that is a draw. Its one of the few MST episodes I will mute and minimize on Twitch when it cycles on.

2 Likes

It’s a really funny episode. It’s just not one I return to very often. I can’t explain why.

4 Likes

Flagstaff DEFINITELY has train tracks!

4 Likes

“He’s a Rent-A-Center Andy Garcia.”

6 Likes

“Hey, everyone, free samples of me.”

4 Likes

I swear, every time I catch the middle of this episode, it’s always the exact same part.

He’s turning into a werewolf on his bed, and Crow exclaims: “Oh, if I could just fart !”

3 Likes

Yanaglanchi.

5 Likes

I do love this episode but I think people are spelling it wrong. Judging by the way the lady in the movie talked I thought this movie was called warwulff, and somehow it was incredible. Also if I remember correctly Martin Sheen’s vastly more talented brother was in this film. I also remember his hair was messed up and he kind of look like Winnie the Pooh.

4 Likes

Oh one more thing that lady in the super short skirt which they kept joking about needing pants was rather fetching. And that weird guy in the camouflage walking around with a shotgun made a very disparaging remark about Dracula at the beginning. Which in all honesty looking at that character it would be difficult to be offended by anything that that man has to say judging by his appearance. All he really needed was a Merrica hat and a can of Pabst Blue ribbon to make his transition to the dark side complete.

4 Likes

Hey, watta ya know! I went to college in Flagstaff, too. Nothing like being a Lumberjack (and I’m okay). I certainly recognized the bar in Werewolf.

5 Likes

I believe the accepted fan spelling is “Paul, you are a warwilf.”

Absolutely fascinating, I know.

7 Likes

Only the first time. You have to use a different spelling if you repeat it.

7 Likes